falling asleep over facetime (requested)

"Hey, baby" Ariana spoke excitedly through the speakers of your phone. The happiness in her voice and the sparkle in her eyes made your heart flutter. "I miss you!"

You sent her a small smile and said, "Miss you too, Ari. Only one more month and then you'll be home!"

She nodded happily but her smile looked a little sadder than before. A month feels like a long time from now when you're missing each other like crazy. But there doesn't seem to be a break in her schedule that would allow her to sneak away to you or a break in yours that would allow you to fly to wherever she was at. But it's only a month. You'll just count the days down together.

"How was your day?" You asked curiously, trying to break the silence that hung in the air.

"Good. Thanks for asking, baby. It was good. Tiring, but good. Yours was good too, right?"

"Yeah, pretty good." You said and watched her eyes light up, happy to hear that you had a good day. Because you deserved it.

"You look sleepy." She said. "Do you want me to let you go? So you can get some sleep?"

"No!" You hurriedly answered, making her lips tug up in an amused smile. "No, I miss you and I've been waiting to talk to you all day. Let's keep talking, I'll be fine."

She nodded and started to talk to you about the show that took place tonight. About how loud and incredible this particular show was. Although each one always holds a special spot in her heart, she'll never forget this one. Meeting so many fans and hearing every word she sings be sung back to her filled her heart with so much happiness and love. It made her indescribably happy to live out her dream each night, even though she misses you.

"I'm happy you had a good show, baby." You smiled and your heart melted a little when she giggled happily, still on cloud nine from the show.

"I managed to get a few songs written lately."

"About me?" You asked with a sleepy smile on your face, only for her to scoff and say,

"Who else would they be about, my girl? You're my inspiration, my muse. All the love songs I sing are about you."

You went to smile but yawned instead, causing Ariana to frown.

"Sure you don't want me to let you go?"

"I'm sure." You said and tried to fight the sleep that was quickly taking over you. You threw out topic after topic, trying to get her to keep talking to you. Because this time over FaceTime is the only time you get to spend with her these days and you anticipate each call every day, counting down the hours every time until you get to see her face and hear her pretty voice.

But you were getting so sleepy. The day had been busy for you too and now it's starting to catch up with you.

You were determined to stay awake though. You didn't want these moments with her to end so soon.

She was going on and on, scribbling along the paper as she wrote down some lyrics that ran through her mind and talked to you about her schedule for tomorrow and the places she hopes to visit.

"I've gotten you souvenirs at every stop. I can't wait to give them to you! You're gonna love them!" She squealed excitedly, heart skipping a beat just envisioning the day she comes home to you and the happiness she'll see in your big eyes.

But you didn't reply, which was a little unusual. So she picked her phone back, her face appearing back in the frame and on the screen of your phone, and her heart melted upon seeing you sound asleep, phone cradled against the pillow that you laid it against when you lied down.

"Oh, you're so cute." She whispered and put her hands on her cheeks while staring at you and admiring the precious sight.

It's been so long since she's been by your side. Sometimes, when she can't sleep, she'll lie there and watch you sleep and listen to you breathe and it always brings her such comfort. She misses that. So seeing you sleeping now over the screen caused a genuine smile to tug at her lips again; one that hasn't been so big or so bright since she left your side.

"I love you so much. Miss you like crazy."

She went quiet for a moment before she began to screenshot some photos and even set one as her lock screen.

"My new favorite photo of my favorite girl." She smiled. "It won't be long until I'm there with you again. I promise to give you so many hugs and kisses, to spoil you with so much love that you truly deserve. Not much longer." She whispered the last part more to herself, finding that she was missing you tonight more than usual.

She admired you for another moment before she decided to let you go so if you woke up, you wouldn't pressure yourself to try to stay awake for her.

"I gotta go, my love. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you to the moon and back."

She blew you a kiss, although she knew you wouldn't see it. She savored one last moment of the sweet sight that she was counting down the days to see in person before she hung up and laid her head on the pillow, hoping to see you in her dreams again tonight as she looked forward to FaceTiming you again tomorrow.