sick in the middle of the night (requested)

"Ari?" You whimpered as you shook your girlfriend's shoulder with one hand while you used the other to clutch your stomach that ached terribly. "Ari? Are you awake?"

Slowly, your girlfriend's eyes fluttered open. She groaned when she noticed that the room was still dark, meaning it was still in the middle of the night since the sun hadn't come up yet.

"Y/N? What is it, baby? Did you have a bad dream or something?" She mumbled as she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

She was so exhausted and felt really out of it. Her eyes felt so heavy, so she almost couldn't fight to keep them open. But then, you whimpered as if you were in pain, and she was wide awake right away.

She quickly sat up and turned on the lamp. She felt worry flood over her as soon as she saw you.

"Baby? What's wrong?" She asked as she scooted closer to you.

She noticed the sweat on your skin, watched beads of it fall down your forehead. She placed her hand on your forehead and felt that you were running a fever.

"Oh, you're burning up."

"I don't feel good."

"Tell me what's wrong." She whispered and brushed a lock of hair behind your ear.

"My stomach really hurts and one second I feel hot and the next I felt cold. I feel nauseous, too."

"You're nauseous? Do you feel like it's enough to where you'll throw up?" She asked worriedly but her voice was so soft with every word she said.

"Yeah. It's getting worse. I'm going to be sick."

"Okay. Do you think you could get to the bathroom?"

You shook your head.

"Okay. Let me get you a bucket." She said and got up, planning to go just down the hall to grab the bucket you both use when you're too sick to get to the bathroom.

But she hadn't even taken a step when she heard the terrible sound. She quickly turned around and saw you getting sick onto the floor. She rushed to your side, instantly feeling a need to take care of you.

"It's okay." She whispered when you finished a few seconds later.

You covered your face with your hands as you teared up. You felt so terrible. Not just because you felt so sick and you just threw up, but because of how and where it happened. You felt so embarrassed and couldn't stop the tears from falling down your cheeks.

"Baby," Ariana whispered softly, her fingertips brushing along your skin soothingly. "It's okay."

"I'm so sorry, Ariana. I couldn't stop it. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You're sick, baby girl. Don't feel bad, it's okay."

You sniffled as she pulled your hands away from your face. You felt her lips brush against your cheek ever so softly as she laid a comforting kiss on your skin.

"Do you feel sick still?"

"Not really. I'm just hot."

"Do you want to take a bath? Maybe it'll make you feel a little better." She offered and when you nodded, she got up and left the room to go fill the bathtub with some nice cool water; making sure it wasn't too hot or too cold.

She returned to your side and gently helped you to your feet. You felt so weak, your knees shook under you. She let you lean right on her and helped you into the bathroom. She helped you undress before you stepped into the water.

You felt relief right away. Feeling the water rush along your skin helped you feel less hot.

"I'm going to grab you some different clothes. Okay? If you need me, yell for me."

"Okay. Sorry again." You mumbled and she shook her head before kissing your forehead lingeringly.

"Don't worry about it. You just relax now."

You leaned back and closed your eyes as she left the room.

She quickly cleaned up the mess and then grabbed a sheet for you to cover up with. She grabbed you some pajama bottoms before she grabbed you one of her shirts. She grabbed the bucket, just in case.

When she returned to your side a few minutes later, you were fast asleep. The terrible sickness, the lack of sleep, and the comfort you felt had all caught up to you.

She brushed a lock of wet hair behind your ear before she grabbed a cloth and helped you wash up. You opened your eyes, a hum falling from your lips when she started to wash your hair for you.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She smiled and washed it all out. "The water is getting kinda cold and you're exhausted. Ready to go back to bed?"

You nodded and she helped you out of the water. She helped you dry off and then get changed into clean clothes before she guided you to bed.

"I love you so much." You said as she tucked you in under the sheets. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"It's what I'm here for, baby. I'll always take care of you. I love you even more, to the moon and back." She said before she kissed your forehead.

She laid down beside you and played with your hair as you fell asleep. She just hoped you'd wake up feeling even better, because it pained her to see you so sick.