surprise, surprise (requested)

Your heart raced as you walked down the hallway, every step you take being one step closer to reuniting with Ari after spending the last couple of months apart.

She's been on tour, making dreams and wishes come true as she met and performed for her amazing fans.

You know she's having the time of her life. But you know she misses you. You can see it in her eyes every time you FaceTime. You can see the tears in her eyes every time she confesses how much she loves and misses you, although she tries to blink them away and not let them show.

You miss her just as much, finding your heart longing for her as she runs through your mind every second of every day.

Which led you to make the decision of flying out to her. It's a complete surprise, although you nearly let it slip a few times.

You missed her show since your flight got in late. But you've got the rest of the tour to watch her shine and your heart is hammering against your chest as it all sank in.

You stepped closer to the door, finding that it was open just a crack. You peeked inside and saw that Ariana had her head down. You could feel your phone vibrating in your pocket as she attempted to reach you. It broke your heart to assume she thought you were ignoring her calls.

The vibrating stopped as she sighed. Her head was still down as she scrolled through her phone. You tiptoed into the room and stepped closer and closer until you were close enough to kiss her cheek.

She nearly jumped out of her skin, gasping frightfully as she jumped off the seat and gazed at you with wide eyes.

It all felt so surreal.

For a moment, she thought she was dreaming. But then you smiled at her and brushed your hand along her cheek lovingly and your touch made her realize that you were really standing there in front of her.

"Y/N?" She whispered in shock before throwing her arms around you.

She put her cheek on your shoulder and held you tightly, cracking a smile as you put your arms around her, too.

"Surprise, Ari,"

She giggled tearfully, lifting her head so she could steal a kiss from your lips.

"The best surprise ever! I've missed you like crazy. Why didn't you tell me that you were coming?"

"I wanted to surprise you, silly." You smiled as you booped her nose, causing her to scrunch it up with a giggle.

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, which I almost did a few times. But I held out because I knew it'd make this moment even more special."

"I love you." She whispered and kissed your neck before putting her head back on your shoulder, nose brushing along your skin as she breathed in your smell and held you tight.

"I love you too. I have another surprise. I'm here for the rest of the tour."

Her smile grew, becoming even brighter and bigger than before. You swore you saw tears in her eyes.

"I'm so happy!" She grinned. "Missed you."

"Missed you too." You said and kissed her cheek a few times, causing her to giggle and squirm in your arms. "Sorry I couldn't make the show. My flight got in later than expected."

"Don't apologize. It's alright, I understand. Besides, I've got you to cheer me on for the rest of the shows."

"That you do." You grinned. "I'll be screaming at the top of my lungs, cheering for you and watching you shine like the star you truly are."

She leaned in for another kiss, this time her lips lingering on yours for a moment before pulling away, but not before kissing the corners of your lips.

"Wanna go back to the bus and cuddle for a while?"

"Sounds perfect." You said and let her take your hand to lead you out of the arena and to the tour bus.

You crawled into the bunk beside her after you both changed. You put your head on her shoulder, fingers intertwined and legs tangled with hers.

"I can't thank you enough for being here. I've missed you so much."

"Missed you even more." You smiled and kissed her collarbones softly before closing your eyes, feeling your worries fade and your heart swell with love for her as you held each other close.