she's exhausted (requested)

"I don't understand. I thought today was your day off." You said as you hit pause on the film you and Ariana were set to watch together this late morning, only for your quality time together to be interrupted by the ringing of her phone.

You were undeniably disappointed when she let you go and said she had to go off to the studio. You couldn't deny the sadness in your voice as the words fell from your lips.

You watched her climb out of bed, but she sat back down with a shaky sigh only a split second later.

"Ari? Are you alright?" You asked worriedly before scooting closer to the edge of the bed where she sat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said and tried to shake off the dizziness she felt.

She stood on her shaky feet for the first time this morning. Neither of you has left the bed for anything yet. It was supposed to be your day to spend together; the first one in weeks.

She originally had no plans to leave that bed or your side for a while today. The only thing on her agenda was to continue stealing kisses from your lips and keep holding you close.

Or that's what she said, anyway. She didn't tell you the other reason; that she was feeling unwell. Queasy and shaky.

It's been hard lately. She's been busy. Leaving the house in the early hours of the morning and coming home after midnight or a little after, depending.

It only left her a couple of hours of sleep each night. But she tried to convince herself she'd be okay. She has too many people counting on her and she worries she'll let them, and you, down somehow.

You watched her skin lose its color a little as she attempted to hide how sick she was feeling. She managed to make it into the bathroom and, out of concern for her, you followed her. She was holding onto the countertop, grip so tight her knuckles were turning white.

But again, she tried to brush it off as she brushed her teeth. But she was lightheaded and weak when she finished, nearly losing her balance as soon as she was done.

She had to grip the counter again, this time with a gasp falling from her lips, and she almost fell back. She would've, too, if it weren't for you rushing up behind her to put your arms around her waist and steady her.

She ducked her head and squeezed her eyes shut to try to wait for the dizzy feeling to go away.

"You're not going anywhere today."

She opened her eyes again, this time looking at you almost in disbelief as if you didn't just stop her from busting her head open on the bathroom floor.

"Don't look at me like that! You almost passed out! The only place you're staying today is in bed."

She wanted to argue, but she couldn't find it in her to do so. She couldn't fool you even if she tried. You know her too well for her to even try to trick you into thinking she was fine when she was far from being fine.

You wordlessly helped her out of the bathroom and into bed. You placed your hand on her forehead but much to your relief, she wasn't feverish.

"I think I'm just really exhausted." She mumbled quietly, hoping it'd ease your worries about her being sick. But it didn't; not even in the slightest.

You climbed into bed beside her, quiet as you tried to think of why she was pushing herself so hard and why she wouldn't tell you.

"I wonder why you're so exhausted, Ariana. With how busy you've been. How much you have on your plate and how hard you've been pushing yourself. You haven't been sleeping much."

She sighed and reached for your hand, which you happily let her take ahold of.

"I'm sorry."

"You know you have to take care of yourself too, Ari. Even with everything going on, you still have to look out for yourself."

"I know."

"You really scared me there. If I hadn't been there to catch you, you would've passed out and busted your head open."

"You're always there to catch me when I fall."

You nodded and smiled at her when she laid her head on your shoulder.

"What would I ever do without you?" She wondered and you kissed her forehead softly.

"You'll never have to find out." You promised. "Now, lay down and relax. You need some sleep. I'll take good care of you until you're feeling better. Need anything before you go to sleep?"

"Just some cuddles and maybe some water."

You quickly went downstairs to grab her a cold glass of water. When you made it back into the bedroom, you saw she was beginning to struggle to keep her eyes open but refused to let them close without you by her side again.

You handed her the glass and watched her take a few sips before you put it aside for her. You climbed back into bed with her and she moved into your arms.

"Rest up. Some sleep will help you feel better."

"I love you, y/n,"

"I love you more, Ari. Sweet dreams." You mumbled before laying a kiss on her head and watched her fall asleep in her arms with the hope that some sleep would make her feel much better soon.