you get in an accident when she's on tour

Ariana pulled out her in-ear monitors as she ran off stage. The sounds of all the excited screams coming from the fans filled her ears. The show had just finished and as much as she loved being out on stage and performing for the fans, she was actually relieved this time around.

She hasn't heard from you all day and she was anxious to get back to her phone. She was desperate to see that you had called or even texted her. But her heart dropped when she made it back to her dressing room and checked her phone, only to find there was still nothing from you.

She was getting anxious now. She wondered if she should call someone to check on you, just to see if you were alright. She paced around the room for a moment and thought about what to do next, but before she could do anything her phone rang and your name was on the screen.

With a relieved sigh she answered it. "Y/n! Thank you for calling me back, I've been so worried about you-"

"Ariana?"

A horrible feeling washed over her when she realized it wasn't your voice on the phone, it was your best friend. She swallowed thickly, desperate to rid the lump from her throat that she's been feeling all day. "W-What's going on? Where's y/n?"

"She's in the hospital."

Ariana's breathing became unsteady and her heart started to hammer against her chest. "What? Why? Is she okay?"

"She was in an accident. I just got to the hospital about fifteen minutes ago and she's back in surgery. I'm not sure how she is, they won't tell me."

That's all Ariana needed to hear before she was putting her phone on speaker and changing out of her stage clothes and into her regular clothes. "I'm coming out there! I'm about two hours away. If you get any updates, let me know and I'll try to get back to you as quickly as I can."

Ariana hung up and booked a flight back home. She hurriedly explained everything to the crew members that go with her to each show before she made her way to the airport and to you.

Her anxiety seemed to eat her up inside the whole flight. She shed a few tears but tried to weep quietly in case of any prying eyes around her.

It all felt like a nightmare. This was one of her biggest fears; that something bad would happen to you when she was away.

And the sinking feeling only seemed to become more overwhelming when she landed. She dreaded checking her phone because she feared that she'd find an update from your friend that held even worse news; news she wouldn't be able to handle.

She quickly hailed a cab, hoping they'd get there fast. "Can you go a little faster? please, it's an emergency!" She panicked, willing to do whatever it took for her to get there fast, and to good news, she hoped.

What was about ten agonizing minutes later the driver finally pulled up in front of the doors. She handed him some money and rushed out of the cab and through the doors. She rushed over to the desk breathless from both the anxiety that was plaguing her and the run inside. She almost gave the two nurses inside who were mid-conversation a heart attack when she suddenly appeared in front of them.

"M-My girlfriend, she was in an accident! She was brought here! Her friend called me, said she was in surgery. Her name is y/n y/l/n, is she okay?!"

The words fell from her lips in such a rush that she had almost no air left in her lungs by the time she finished. She gripped at her hair anxiously, waiting for them to say something, anything!

"She's out of surgery. She's on the second floor-"

That's all Ariana needed to hear before she was racing down the hall and to the elevator. The ride up there felt like forever when it was only a few long, agonizing, fear-filled seconds.

Racing off, she apologized to the doctor she almost bumped into who was getting on the elevator right as she got off. She looked through every open door till she saw you.

She took a deep breath and tried not to let her mind wander away with her as it filled with thoughts of what could be waiting for her behind the closed door. She wiped a lonely tear from her cheek and bit down on her lip while telling herself it was all okay.

"Ariana! There you are!" Your best friend said when Ariana opened the door and quietly closed it behind her. "The doctor said she's gonna be alright. She's just a little out of it because of the surgery and," she paused and both of their heads turned when they heard a tiny noise fall from your dry lips as you tried to move in bed, only to stop because of the pain you were in.

Ariana instinctively went to you and grabbed your hand. She was careful not to bump the IV in your hand. Her thumb brushed over your knuckles until your eyes slowly opened.

"Baby!" Ariana said, almost tearfully when your eyes met hers. "You're okay! Oh, thank gosh you're okay."

You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked around the white room. You felt the uncomfortable sheets under your body. You were dressed in a hospital gown and every move you made hurt. "What happened?"

"You were in an accident, y/n." Your friend said. "It was pretty bad but you're gonna be alright. You had a compound fracture in your leg and needed a few stitches, but you're gonna be alright," she comforted you by rubbing your shoulder. "I know you'll be alright because look who came home for you! She was worried about you."

You looked at Ariana and a small smile spread across your face a few seconds later. "The circumstances are pretty unfortunate but I sure am happy to see your face. I've been missing you like crazy."

Ariana chuckled and leaned down to brush her lips across your forehead. You had a few stitches across your skin there and she was sure you had some more, but she was so thankful that you were okay.

"You scared me!" She whispered against your skin.

"Sorry," you said sadly.

"Don't worry about it. You're okay and that's all that matters! I'm home now. The next few shows are gonna be postponed so I can take care of you for a bit and make sure you're okay. I'm just so happy that you're okay! You're not hurting too much, right?"

You shook your head, much to Ariana's relief.

"I love you so much."

Ariana gave you a few soft kisses on your lips before she smiled against them. "I love you more, my tough cookie." She kissed you, again and again, knowing that she'd never be able to stop reminding you of just how much she loved you after all of this.