halloween (requested)

As soon as Ariana heard the front door close as you walked inside, her heart began to race with excitement.

She took a look in the mirror and stared at her costume.

This year, she decided to be a witch, and although you weren't feeling as excited as her for Halloween, you had plans to dress up with her and she was so excited for it.

You planned to meet her upstairs and shower and then get ready but after waiting a moment or two of waiting without seeing you, she got worried and decided to go downstairs to check on you.

She reached the last step of the staircase only a few seconds later and saw you on the sofa with your head in your hands.

"Y/N?"

"Hey, Ari," you said as you lifted your head, forcing a smile when you saw her. "You look adorable."

Your compliment made a smile tug at her lips. She sat down beside you and you could tell that she was practically about to burst with excitement.

"So how have you decided what you're going to be? Do you want to head up and change?"

"Oh... about that," you started to say and watched her once bright smile fade. "I'm sorry, my love, but I'm just not in the mood."

"Oh..." she mumbled sadly, staring down at her lap.

"I'm so sorry. I know how excited you were but I had a hard day and I'm exhausted and I'm just not in the mood to dress up and go out."

"I understand." She says as she looked back up at you.

"But you can still go. Please don't let me stop you just because I don't want to go. If you want to go, then go. It's okay."

"No. I don't want to go without you." She said and scooted closer to you.

Placing her hand on your thigh, she sent you a sweet smile. But you felt guilty and worried she was just staying home to make you happy.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure." She said, kissing your cheek. "Honestly, I could use a night in to just relax with my girl. How about we go up to bed, I'll change, and we can curl up in bed and watch some movies."

"Okay." You agreed and stood up, slowly walking up the stairs with her.

You changed out of your clothes and into a cozy pair of pajamas while Ariana changed out of her costume and took off her makeup.

She curled up in bed with you just a moment later, happily pulling you close as you began to flip through the channels to find something to watch.

She tangled her legs with yours and sighed contentedly.

"This is nice." She smiled.

"You didn't have to stay."

"I wanted to." She assured, stroking your cheek softly.

"I hope I didn't let you down. You looked disappointed when I said I didn't feel up to going."

"I'll admit I was a little sad, but it's no big deal at all. There's always next year!" She grinned. "You didn't let me down though, baby. Not at all. This is better, honestly. Just being curled up with you like this."

"I love you." You said and cracked a tired smile as she leaned in and gave you a sweet kiss.

"I love you more." She spoke against your lips as she continued to kiss you; every one that she gave you made you feel better after your long day.