you have a seizure (requested)

"Thanks for making me take today off, Ari." You said as you sat down on the couch beside her. "I needed this."

"I know. We both do, but you more than me. You've been under a lot of stress and you haven't been getting much sleep lately and you know that's not good for you. You need time to rest and let your mind clear."

Though she was trying hard to disguise the worry in her voice, it was still clear. You know stress isn't good for you, always a trigger for your seizures. But life isn't easy all the time, either. However, you're thankful you've got Ariana by your side and that she always reminds you to take time for yourself when needed.

You couldn't complain about time off and time spent with her. There's no other way you'd rather spend it.

Time passed by quickly, but it always does when you're having fun. One movie went to two and two to three. It all seemed fine until Ariana realized how quiet you seemed to be. She didn't read much into it right away, thinking you were just enjoying the movie with her.

She started to twirl your hair around her finger. Usually, you'd hum or giggle and find yourself melting into her touch. But you didn't move even a finger and that struck her as odd.

She moved so she could see your face and her eyes went wide when she saw you. Staring straight ahead, looking completely spaced out.

"Y/n?" She mumbled worriedly, feeling her anxiety grow. "Babe? Are you okay? You're worrying me."

Not a word was said from you. So she went to sit on the floor in front of you. She put her hand on your shoulder, planning to run her fingertips along your arm. But she realized how tense your body seemed when her hand fell onto your shoulder and her heart hammered uncontrollably against her chest.

"Baby girl?" She went to take your shoulder, but you leaned forward and collapsed against her chest. Your body went rigid and to her horror, you started to convulse in her arms. "Y/n!" She panicked and reached for her phone to call for an ambulance.

This isn't the first time she's been by your side through one of these. Although it's scary, she's thankful that she knows how to help.

She kept the phone against her ear as she rambled to the operator for help, explaining the situation through the tears in her eyes. "She needs help, please hurry!"

The phone fell from her shaky hands before she gently laid you back against the couch. Lying you on your side to keep your airway clear. She had no other choice but to let you go through it and it wasn't an easy thing for her to witness.

"Baby girl, I'm right here. Help is coming. I promise it'll be here in only a couple of minutes. I'm right here with you, right here."

She heard the wail of sirens in the distance and her head quickly turned. She looked to the locks on the door, relieved to find that they were already unlocked.

And when she looked back at you, she found that you had stopped seizing. She breathed out a sigh of relief and blinked away any tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She dropped her forehead to your forearm, planting a couple of kisses against your skin.

"Baby," she whispered softly, watching your eyelashes flutter against your cheek a few times before your eyes opened. "Stay still for me, okay? Help is here. Don't move."

The front door swung open before unfamiliar voices mixed with your girlfriend's. Your eyes were heavy, closing time and time again. You felt a finger opening your eyelid, light shining into your eye.

"Okay, we're gonna have to take her to the hospital. She'll be okay but we need to keep an eye on her."

Ariana nodded her head and watched you get wheeled out of the house on the stretcher. Your eyes flew open when you realized what was happening and noticed your hand was cold without her warm one to hold.

"Ari? Ari!"

"I'm here, baby. I'm right here." She said as you were loaded into the ambulance, climbing in with you before the doors were slammed shut. "You scared the shit out of me."

"I'm really sorry."

"Don't be. It's not like you can control it. What matters right now is that you're okay. You're gonna be just fine."

"Promise you won't leave my side? Promise you'll hold my hand no matter what tonight."

"I promise you, baby." She said as she gave your hand a comforting squeeze. "It's all gonna be okay." She promised and brushed her lips against your forehead.

Closing her eyes, she breathed out a long, heavy sigh. The scariest part was over now, but she still wouldn't be leaving your side.