she won't take off your hoodie

You were cracking a bright smile as soon as you opened your eyes. It wasn't hard to wake up that way when you could hear Ariana singing in the bathroom, over the sound of the running water and the soft pitter-patter of the rain on the roof.

Remembering that Ariana had the day off today and you had plans to go out on a lunch date, you sat up and figured you'd start to get ready for the day. You kicked the blankets off but covered back up right away when a sudden chill came over you.

You started to look around the room for your favorite hoodie. You threw it on last night to wear for your walk through the park with Ariana, but it was nowhere to be seen. You thought you threw it on the chair across the room, but it wasn't there.

You know it'd be the perfect thing to wear today. Between the rain and the chilled air, you know it'd keep you warm and toasty.

You kicked the blankets off and rubbed your arms as you stood and started to tiptoe around in search of the cozy hoodie. You thought maybe Ariana had thrown into the laundry, but the basket was still empty. You stepped into the closet and started to look around, wondering if she'd hung it up for you. But it wasn't there either.

Curious and kinda cold, you opened the bathroom door to check with Ariana to see if she knew where it was. The water had stopped running so you knew she was out of the shower; however, you didn't expect to see her standing there in your hoodie.

She ran the brush through her long locks and turned to send you a smile when you opened the door. "Hey!"

"Hey?" You retorted, folding your arms over your chest as you stepped into the room. The mirror was fogged up from the steam of the shower she'd taken. "I was looking for that."

She laughed a little and put the brush down after her hair was perfectly combed. "I got cold and I figured I'd throw this on to keep me warm."

"I thought the same thing." You spoke, watching her lips tug into a smile; one that only continued to grow as you stepped closer and closer to her.

"Great minds think alike."

You rolled your eyes playfully, biting your lip as you wrapped your arms around her to hold her tight. She was warm and you buried your face in her neck, melting into her hold on you while breathing in the smell of her body wash on her skin and the warmth of her body.

You couldn't resist laying a few kisses to her collarbones before lifting your head. She was staring down at you with a look of love in her beautiful eyes. Between her gaze and how cute she looked in your hoodie, you almost didn't want to take it back from her.

"I'm gonna need it back."

She raised her eyebrows and looked down at your hoodie on her body before looking back up at you and shaking her head.

"What do you mean no? It's my favorite hoodie and I'm cold."

She booped your nose and kissed your forehead before wiggling out of your embrace. "Too bad. I found it first and I'm not taking it off."

"That's unfair." You whined, pouting your lips only to get a kiss and another shake of her head in response. "You're so mean."

"Mean?" She asked, chuckling. "Well, I was gonna say that if I'm wearing your hoodie it's only fair that I let you wear one of mine but,"

"No!" You said and quickly put your arms around her. "I love you." You whispered and felt her lips touch the crown of your head before she pulled away and took your hand to lead you into the bedroom.

She went into the closet and grabbed your favorite hoodie of hers before handing it to you. "There you go, my love."

You quickly pulled it over your head and Ariana couldn't help but giggle and brush her fingers through your now messy hair.

"You're so cute." She whispered. "I love you lots. Now, go get ready for our lunch date!"

You stole a quick kiss from her lips before going into the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead with your favorite girl in the world.