to bed we go (requested)

"You look sleepy, baby," Ariana said as she stroked your cheek, staring down at her lap where you comfortably rested your head with stars in her eyes.

"I'm okay. I'm not even that tired, Ari. Don't worry, I'll be just fine."

"No, you won't, sweet girl. You're exhausted, I can tell. Why don't we just go up to bed? We can finish the movie tomorrow." She said and you shook your head, determined to stay right where you are now.

"If you say so." She sighed and brushed her fingers through your hair.

She knows this always relaxes you. When you're tired or when you can't sleep, it always soothes you to sleep.

She knew this time would be no exception. Your eyes were already closing, your breathing becoming steadier as you started to drift off to sleep.

She just stared at the tv and watched the movie as she stayed perfectly still other than when she brushed her fingers through your hair.

It didn't take long before she heard the soft snores falling from your lips. She giggled quietly and stared down at you with stars in her eyes.

"Not even that tired, huh?" She laughed before grabbing the remote and turning the movie off.

She was so ready to call it a night.

With you sound asleep on her lap and her eyes getting heavy as well, she decided that calling it a night and going up to bed where she could spoil you with cuddles sounded so much better than finishing this movie on her own.

"Okay, to bed we go."

She stood up and then carefully picked you up in her arms. She took a few steps, making sure you were secure in her arms with every one that she took.

She slowly climbed up the steps, being careful with every step that she took. She kept her eyes on her bare feet for a minute, watching as she walked up each step.

But she couldn't resist the need to stare down at you and admire just how precious you looked as you slept in her arms.

"I just love you so much." She said with a smile on her face as she reached the top step.

She padded down the hall and into the bedroom.

Once inside, she laid you down in bed.

She pulled down the sleeves of her hoodie that you had on, just as an extra way to keep you warm and cozy through the night.

She kissed your forehead and pulled the blanket up to your shoulders, smiling to herself as her heart swelled with love for you.

"I'm so in love with you, my girl."

"You know I'm so in love with you too." You whispered and opened your heavy eyes, taking your girlfriend by surprise.

"I thought you were asleep."

"I was until you laid me down and then I woke up. Thank you for carrying me up here, by the way. I'm sorry I didn't make it through the movie."

"Don't thank me or apologize. I don't mind at all. I'm sleepy myself, so we'll just call it a night and cuddle, and tomorrow we'll finish the movie up."

"Can we just restart it? I was too tired and couldn't pay much attention to it." You confessed.

She laughed and kissed your nose.

"I figured." She said, stroking your cheek lovingly. "But that's perfectly fine with me."

She laid down beside you and held you close as you moved into her arms, wanting to cuddle.

You put your head on her chest and as her heartbeat filled your ears, you closed your eyes again and started to fall back asleep.

"I love you, Ari."

"I love you more, y/n. Sleep tight." She said and kissed your temple before she fell asleep too.