2003Leo x FReader: Third-base

Hey everyone, I currently have two requests left to do but I really want to get some stories that I personally came up with as well. I really want to try writing for different versions of the turts besides 2012 and Rise even if they are my fav versions. Sorry if the character interactions are a bit iffy in this one, I haven't seen much of the 2003 series I'm only up to season 2. Anyway, enjoy!

2003 Leo x Female Reader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo's phone vibrated by his bedside, the small wooden table shaking under its buzz. His room echoed the ringtone, love of my life by Queen as per your request, awakening the young turtle from his sleep. Creeping his eyes open just a fraction, slowly taking in his surrounds, Leo sat up rubbing his palms into his eyes digging out the sleep. With minimal movements, Leo grabbed his phone and placed it against his ear.

"Hello?" he answered, a yawn escaping past his lips. Your giggle filtered through his crappy phone, a dreamy smile emerging on his face, "Morning sleepyhead, I hope I didn't wake you up too soon?" you whispered, suddenly realising how early it was. Leo chuckled under his breath "No, you're okay. I would have gotten up at some point anyway, can't skip training."

"Of course," you tittered, your laughter trailing off towards the end as the call went into a peaceful silence. Leo's stomach began to grumble indicating his need for breakfast and probably before Mikey raided the kitchen, "Soooo..." he started, slightly wondering if you only called him to say hello. Suddenly kicking back into action, you jumped "Oh!" laughing to yourself you continued "Right, yeah sorry I totally forgot the reason why I called."

"What? You telling me you didn't call just to say hello." Leo mused, his heart fluttering when he heard your beautiful laughter through the speaker of his phone. Trying to calm down the obnoxious grin, you shook your head lightly, "No, silly. Actually, I have a surprise for you-"

"A surprise?" he asked, cutting you off completely. Shushing him you resumed "Yes a surprise, come by mine tonight and I'll show you." you teased. Leo subconsciously started leaning over his bedding, the quilt slipping down to his waist, "Will I like it?" he asked, his fingers playing with the blue bed sheets. You hummed in response "Maybe, you might like it you might not." your answer was vague, too vague for Leo's liking.

The call ended soon after that conversation, with a promise that he'd be at yours before 7 and a quick "I love you". Leo couldn't help but be intrigued by your surprise, maybe it was a homecooked meal or possibly a movie night. With a newfound energy, Leo finally submerged from his bedroom and strolled into the kitchen with light steps. Raph and Casey sat by the shabby table, laughing and joking with each other, their chuckling dying down as Leo approached the kitchen entrance.

Noticing Leo's happy attitude, the two got very suspicious of the leading turtle. Shrugging his shoulders towards Casey, Raph studied his older brother racking his brain for any reason as to why the usually stoic turtle was humming around the community space. Casey rolled his eyes, leaning against the wooden table with his arms folded over his chest "Well someone got some good night sleep." he voiced. Leo looked over at the two, putting down the cereal box in his hand, he turned to face them his face puzzled "What's that supposed to mean?"

Raph glanced at Casey with a 'can you believe this guy' look, looking back to Leo he smirked "C'mon fearless, since when did you hum?" Leo looked almost offended at the callout, nevertheless, he shook it off and continued making his simple breakfast "I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do so." he muttered back. Casey, who had been leaning against the table, was making his way to the counter where Leo stood "Ah don't listen to him, he's not a mornin' person like us." Leo crooked a brow towards the overconfident human.