RiseLeo x FReader: Boyfriend material

request: Heyy I'm a really big fan of yours. I just read your Rise!Donnie like fanfic and I was wondering how Rise!Leo would be in a lime. I just KNOW jokes and fun times will ensue!

Prompt: 42.) "I saw that, you just checked me out!"

A/N: Would like to give a massive shout out to my new bestie turtle-babe83 on Tumblr, who collaborated with me on this fic. It was really fun to get to write with you and I hope we can collab again. I'd all recommend going to read her stuff, it's amazing! Anyway, hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't move your foot out of my face, you're losing it." you gritted through clenched teeth, eyes scanning across the illuminated screen as your fingers continuously pounded against the game controller in your hands. You could faintly hear Leo's chuckle, his body spread across the floor as he concentrated on beating your ass in Smash Bros. His tongue poked out through his lips, eyes trained on the blue hedgehog, "Sounds like someone is a little scared of losing~" he hummed out, teasingly.

You puffed some air at his remark, the grip on the controller tightening, your back straightening a little. You had been playing video games since the moment you had arrived in the sewers, waving a quick 'hello' to the brothers before being dragged off to the unknown depths of the gaming room with the red-eared slider by your side. You had noted his behaviour as of recent, always wanting to be by your side, always wanting to be the one to make you laugh or offer any services. It was sweet in a way, but you knew there had to be a reason behind it.

Like Donnie, you had conducted some small experiments to see if your hypothesis was right. First, you spent one day with Raph, laughing as he benched pressed some weights, rushing to give him some water and some towels while he took a break. From outside the dojo, you swore you saw Leo's silhouette occasionally pass by, a groan just small enough to reach your ears. The next day was spent with Mikey in the kitchen, you had brought down a random cookbook from your kitchen and had spent the whole day baking whatever looked delicious; you may have gotten a little carried away.

At first, you thought it could be the heavenly smell that drew Leonardo into the kitchen, but when he kept by your side you guessed otherwise. Then you had spent two days with Donnie, helping him to the best of your ability build and upgrade some tech around his lab. Of course, he wouldn't actually let you touch his tech, instead, you spent the time cleaning his lab; which wasn't the most fun you had had all week if you're being honest. And just like before, Leo seemed to loiter around his brother's lab, asking when you would be done or if he could walk you home. It was clear from the way his brows furrowed and how his fists formed that the turtle was jealous.

But the question was: was he jealous of you hanging with his brothers or was he jealous of his brothers hanging out with you? You guessed the latter. So that's why the moment you stepped foot into the lair you were dragged away and practically barricaded in the gaming room with the boy wonder. He had yet to admit his jealous tendencies, so you kept teasing him until he'd give. Every so often you'd mention something you had done with one of his brothers, laughing at an inside joke or simply compare their gaming styles.

To your surprise, Leo never got angry just blushed more. It was obvious to anyone that he was frustrated but what you didn't know was that he wasn't frustrated at you or anybody else but himself. This was the perfect time to ask you out, no annoying family, no distractions; just you and him and some pizza to the side. Leo's gaze would flicker from the t.v to your face, memorising every expression you made. Sometimes he'd purposely do an action just to get a rise out of you, which often led to his favourite reactions.