RiseLeo x GNReader: You're a mean one, Mr Grinch

Request: OKAY YAY UR REQUESTS ARE OPEN AND PERFECT TIMING

so idk where i saw it but i saw a post where reader x donnie are like "frenemies" but they develop feelings for each other. Can you do something like that but with leo instead? like him and reader give each other so much shit (not to the point they hurt each others feelings tho) and they flirt ALL the time but they're both oblivious to each others feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey guys!" you beamed, walking into the lair with your backpack slung around your shoulder, jacket ruffled around your back. The boys leapt from their beanbags, greeting you with wide smiles and open arms, well all except one. Leo hadn't moved from his relaxed position, comic book sat comfortably in his hands, "Oh great, it's you." he huffed out, thumbing the individual pages of his comic.

You frowned at his negativity, it had only taken a matter of seconds for him to put you into a foul mood, a record. The brothers all grimaced, knowing where this conversation would likely go, Donnie had suggested they should leave, let them fight it out but Raph knew better than that.

"Really?" You hummed, dropping your coat along the back of the armchair, "Well if you think your grouchy attitude is gonna bring me down today, then you are sadly mistaken." you were proud of yourself, having taken months to be able to talk back to Leo without stuttering.

Leo met your hardened glare with one of his own, invisible brows furrowed as his comic was placed to his side. He turned his whole body to face you, arms folded over his chest and legs crossed, "I'm not grouchy," he reiterated.

You feigned a mock laugh, giving him a good look up and down, "Please you're greener than the Grinch." that seemed to strike a nerve. Standing to his full length, Leo pounded over to you, "I don't think you wanna do this," his cocky smirk lining his lips. You stepped closer to him, chest bumping against chest as you dared him with your eyes, "Oh, but I think I do."

"Ugh, would you guys get it over with already?" Donnie groaned from the sidelines, distracted by the phone blinking in his hands, but he was always paying attention. You and Leo flicked your gaze away from each other to land on the lean soft-shell, "What're you talking about, Donnie?" Leo laughed, "Are you insinuating that there's some sort of-" Leo indicated between you and him with his finger, "Thing goin' on here?"

Donnie pinched the bridge of his brows, looking to his brothers for support yet they seemed as equally clueless, "Oh for heavens- You clearly like (Y/N) and (Y/N) clearly likes you too! You're both just too stubborn about your attraction that you resort to playground insults!" Donnie's chest heaved with pained breaths, his reddening face depleting as he resumed his calm demeanour.

Raph and Mikey looked at Donatello with wide eyes and fly-catching mouths, "D, how'd you know all that?" Raph questioned, easily impressed by something that now seemed so obvious to everyone involved. Donnie shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, "April and I watch a lot of reality t.v and sitcoms, it's always the same plotline: Two people like each other but are scared to make a move so they insult them to gain their attention. Ugh, it makes my brain numb."

You and Leo turned back to face each other, cheeks rosy and palms sweaty, did he really like you or was it just an act? Leo started to laugh awkwardly, backing away with a few steps, "Well, obviously (Y/N) doe-doesn't like me like that, r-right?"

You looked down towards your shoes, voice low, "R-right," you whispered out, barely audible. But Leo heard. He looked towards you with pain in his eyes, calling your name again, his voice uncharacteristically gentle, "Right?"

You met his gaze, mind wandering with the thoughts of rejection, you couldn't answer him. He seemed to puzzle your silence together, quickly working out all the reasons why you were quiet, now all those dumb arguments made sense.

"(Y/N), do you l-like me?" he broke the gap between you, pulling your wrist into his hands and kneading the skin. You kept your view away from him, looking at anything in the room that didn't have eyes, "I'm not gonna say it because I know you don't feel the same and I don't want to make an even bigger fool of myself."

Leo wanted to scream out to the world about how happy you actually made him and to see you so nervous and shy right now because of him brought up mixed emotions. How could he have been so blind, too distracted by the crummy insults to notice the real motivation about all your time spent together? Because, yes you fought, but it always meant you were with each other.

"Wh-what if I said I liked you too?" he whispered against your face, waiting patiently for you to make eye contact with him again. And his wish had come true, seconds later big (e/c) were staring up into his own, a light gasp falling from your lips.

"Do you really mean that?"

"Of course, fishface." he laughed as you punched him in the arm. Before you could step away to give him an earful, he enveloped his arms around you and brought you into his chest. His head rested on your own and you embraced the feeling of his warmth, even if he was coldblooded.

"Oh? No fighting today? Your drama was always much more interesting than the ones on the t.v." Splinter stated, waddling into the room with a bowl of popcorn. He caught his son wrapped up in your arms, a warm smile on his snout, "Aah, a love story, how touching."