RiseLeo x GNReader: Tired yet?

Request:
Can I... request a Leo x reader where both are suffering from insomnia, so they meet up for late night hanging out? Included with warm drinks owo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You tussled in bed, your sheets thrashing around as your legs constantly kicked the quilt off of you only for a few mere minutes in the cold air to cocoon yourself once again. Your hair was splayed over your pillow as you stared up towards the ceiling, rubbing your tired eyes you moaned aloud hoping sleep would come to you. You had tried everything: warm milk, reading, a hot show, calming music, even god damn whale sounds but nothing could rest your active mind.

Having enough of the torment, you grabbed a jacket and risked a chance outside into the November weather. Heaving the window up you crept out onto the fire escape watching your surroundings as the old metal creaked more and more like a wailing dog. You leaned against the railings your hair blowing in the slight breeze, the cool, chills nipping at your exposed fingers and ankles. Pulling your jacket further around your chest you gazed up at the sky, the smog of New York blocked the stars from your view but, you knew they were there.

Your mind wandered to the week you'd spent at April's farmhouse during the Summer break the stars were so bright and clear. You'd lay on the luscious grass for hours watching as the world went by ignoring all that was happening in your life and focusing on the magnificent space above you. Often you were joined by one of the brothers, they had gone with you when April begged Master Splinter for some fun in the sun, Mikey would stay for an hour or less due to his constant need to move but, he'd take so many pictures on his phone saying "I can't wait to paint this when I get back."

Raph would tell you they reminded him of his Gram Gram and he swore once the battle with Shredder was over he saw stars like this cast over New York City, although he says they never shone as bright as they did here. Donnie would marvel at the sky like you did, he'd point out all the constellations, tell you if there was going to be a full moon, then explain the whole life span of a star. It's not that you hated these moments with Donnie, but, you were always relieved to see that blue bandana in the corner of your eye.

Leo would sit with you the most he'd lay back and tell you a funny story or ask about your day. Laying with Leo in these moments was something you longed for now. Since that time away, you and Leo hadn't spent nearly as much time together as you did then. It's not like you both didn't hang out together because you definitely did, it's just there was never a moment for just the two of you, just to talk and relax and be happy in each others company.

It was pretty obvious Leo had feelings for you, he'd always greet you first making sure he gave you a hug and a compliment before saying hi to April, when you first saw the lair he gave you a personal tour of the place along with a bit of snide commentary. He always made sure your voice was heard during film night and your comfort to him was his top priority. But you yourself was just as bad, anytime Leo even turned to face your general direction your cheeks would light up like a light house, you'd ramble and stare off into space when he talked to you, most nights you'd spend searching up good one-liners so you could keep up with him and partially annoy his brothers in the process.

God you liked him so much, you felt so connected when you were with him under the stars.

"You're up awfully late (Y/N)."

Your eyes widened as your body jumped in shock, your knuckles whitened due to the grip you had on the metal railing. Turning your head up to the roof you saw a glint of his cheeky smile and that blue bandana flailing in the wind. You smiled up at him although you wanted to be angry "You almost gave me a heart attack, I could have gone over this railing." Leo's body shook with laughter before he slinked down to land next you, the fire escape creaking with the new added weight. "And if you fell I would have caught you." you smiled up at him "Really?" you asked betrayed by how hopeful your voice sounded "Well duh, who else is going to take my side on game nights?" he joked.