Future RiseLeo x GNReader: My Way

A/N: Okay so future Leo won by a landslide so here he is, not as much fluff as I had originally planned but a lot is implied and cute. Also got a mention of Casey in there for the one person in my ask box asking for it, hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were perched on the crumbling edge of the Empire State Building, it had long since collapsed and laid diagonal like the leaning Tower of Piza. It used to be a great landmark for New York, but now it just made a good stakeout spot while you spied on the Kraang.

That had been your job for a while, spending a few days alone, huddled under copious amounts of blankets and writing notes on what you saw. Sometimes this could be delivery shipments from their alien planet or fire practice on a burnt-out tree. No day was similar, and yet every day felt the same.

However, this time was truly different; you had a friend. Leonardo, or Master Leonardo as his students called him, was sat cross-legged beside you. He had essentially begged to join you after you returned for more rations, though he will always argue that he, and I quote, "Did not beg, I'm a master now, master's don't beg."

Sure, tell that to those hot summer nights, you mused to yourself. But anyway, here you are with what you could only describe as a child sat next to you. No matter how big Leo had gotten, he was still a goofy teenager at heart, especially when with you; it's like you brought it out of him. But he wasn't here just to tease you like usual, no, he was here so he could formulate a plan to stop, or at the very least slowdown, Kraang shipments.

Why you couldn't have done this yourself is beyond you, maybe he just needed a sense of familiarity in his life. What with April taking on the role of commander not too long back and off to who knows where. And what about Mikey, off around the world helping those who needed it. Sadly, it wasn't only New York the Kraang took over, sure it was the first stop but it wasn't the last.

Donnie and Raph were still a sore subject, he didn't talk about it much, not yet at least. But he was a strong guy, he'd open up to you when he was ready and willing. But you could see it in his eyes, the way he hurt on the inside. Maybe that's why you had spent those nights together, for weirdly enough, a sense of normalcy.

"Are you even listening to me?" he huffed out, nudging your arm, "You know, technically, I'm your boss now." You rolled your eyes, sending him a small smirk as you looked through your teched-up binoculars, "Yeah, right."

"It's true, I got a higher rank than you."

"So does April, yet she doesn't pester me like you do, Blue." you pulled away from the Kraang's base and turned to Leo, booping his snout to articulate your point. He crinkled his nose as a repercussion of your actions, puffing out a small breath of air in the process.

"I don't pester you, if I was going to you'd know by now."

"Oh, so you don't count begging to work with me as pestering?" you teased, fluttering your lashes at him. He threw his arms up into the air in mock frustration, "Again with the begging! I don't beg, I simply allocated myself to join you on this mission."

You shrugged your shoulders, allowing your low chuckle to bounce them around, "Uuh-huh" you whispered under your breath. You couldn't see it but just from your peripheral vision, you could tell he was pouting now. Leo leaned back on his hands, kicking his legs out and allowing his feet to dangle over the edge of the building. His trousers keeping his legs warm, who knew clothing would be so beneficial?

"Sooooooo, wanna hear a story?" he asked after a beat of silence. What the hell, you thought and reluctantly agreed.

"Back in my youth, I was what you called a 'Battle Nexus Chamption'. Of course, these days that doesn't really mean anything, but it used to and that's what matters!" he pointed out, no way near finished with his little rant. He waved his hand around dismissively, "Anyway, this isn't about me; it's about my legacy."

You wanted to groan and throw up at the same time, you pulled the binoculars back to your head and continued to scan the area and Kraang base while he spoke.

"So get this, flashback to a few months ago and I find this kid all alone, right? And he's a little witty and stubborn and, errr, rambunctious! So I take him under my wing, besides I'm not gonna let a kid be eaten or anything, I'm not a monster. So I take him back to my family's base and they begin to question him and totally freaked him out. I tell them to give him some breathing room and I take him to chill out in my room."

You're nodding along like your head was attached to a string and someone was pulling the end like a useless marionette. Leo's so excited as he recalls his past, an ever-growing grin present on his face, "And this little twerp is looking around and sees my Battle Nexus trophy and this kid's in awe, right? I walk over about to tell him about it and boom! He turns around with stars in his eyes and tells me every little detail of that event. I was stunned, so stunned I actually didn't notice he had tried to steal it under his skull hoodie."

That's when you spotted an awful lot of Kraang gathering up, all awaiting their next shipment and boy did this look like a doosey. You slapped Leo's arm, not daring to look away, your mouth hanging open, "Leo," you whispered. But he didn't listen, "So I saw potential in this kid and asked April to train him a little, put a little meat on his bones. Which, by the way, is such a weird expression."

"Leooo," you growled out, but he persisted against your slaps. Leo rubbed a tear away from his eye, "Skip to two months later and our little guy had become a man, he could wield a hockey stick like no other, and-"

"LEO! Shut up and look!" you yelled out, slapping your hand over your mouth, luckily you were far away enough to the point where the Kraang couldn't hear you. Leo took the binoculars and gawked at the sight, "T-there must be at least 20, even 30 of 'em down there. Why didn't you say something before?" he switched his gaze to you, your features were intensified with the binoculars.

Red eyes glaring at him through the lenses, "I did! You were too busy praising Casey to even notice." you huffed, "Awww, is someone jealous?" Leo teased. You flicked a brow up at him, "Are you seriously doing this right now?" you deadpanned.

"You're right, I'll come up with a plan." he was silent for a few moments then he suddenly clicked his fingers together, "Got it! We're going to do this my way." he beamed.

"You mean the way that has literally never worked before? At all?" you interrupted him. Leo glared at you, "I have a good plan, a great plan some may say."

"Please, do tell." Leo threw his shoulders back and sat up straighter, puffing his chest out, "Call the commander, tell her to get as many soldiers down here as possible and wait for my mark. Then we'll sneak around all those wrecked cars and buildings to avoid the Kraang's watch annddddd you don't care."

You hadn't looked hopeful throughout his plan, knowing your face was in a grimace the entire time. Although you trusted Leo with your life, you knew the area on a much deeper level and could pinpoint the enormous amounts of holes in his plan.

"What's wrong?" Leo sighed out, waiting for your long-winded speech just like Donnie used to give. You inhaled a deep breath then went for it, "First off, those cars? They're over quicksand, the only reason they haven't sunk yet is because of all the cars underneath that have piled up. Secondly, April wouldn't be able to get to us in enough time to stop the shipment and we don't even have soldiers. Thirdly, it's practically impossible to sneak up on the Kraang when they're on their own turf. They have next-level security, you wouldn't even get past the quicksand without them noticing you."

Leo pinched the gap between his eyes, drawing his trademark red slashes together as he did, "Fineee, we'll do it your way then." he moaned out, reluctant as always. You gave yourself an imaginary pat on the back and a quick gleeful smile to the Master, pecking him on the cheek as a thank you. His mask hid some of the blush but not all of it, his hand rose to touch his cheek; the metal cooling his heated skin.

"What was that for?" he asked, wide eyes never trailing away from your form. You giggled, it sounded heavenly, "Just happy you made the right decision."

"Oh come on, my plan wasn't that bad."

"Yes, it was,"

"Wasn't."

"Was."

"Wasn't."

Some say you two are still arguing to this day.