RiseDonnie x GNReader: Proposition

Request: That's completely fine with me! I was wondering if you could do a oneshot for a Rise Donnie x Fem or GN reader (I don't mind) where the reader has severe anxiety and doesn't really like to talk about they're problems- kinda like how Donnie isn't a touchy Feely kinda guy so he could relate and helps the reader out. Sorry if that's too confusing. I was inspired by the song Control by Zoe Wees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're doing it again," Donnie moaned absentmindedly, his fingers busy rotating the screwdriver in his hand. His attention was purely on the invention he was crafting but he couldn't help but notice your out-of-mind behaviour. In fairness, it's not like it wasn't obvious, you were sighing every other minute, tugging the strands of your hair, fidgeting in your seat, pulling loose threads.

"What?" you asked, playing coy with him. Donnie rolled his eyes from under his goggles, "You're hiding something from me, I can tell." he stated, reaching over his desk to grab a few more things before returning to his normal, slumped, posture. You turned your head away from him, even if he had his back to you, your gaze travelled across the room, landing on some of the battle shells he had hung up on the wall.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," you spoke, twirling a strand of hair between your fingers. "Uh-huh," Donnie uttered, now grabbing a small motherboard and wielding it to the metal. "Yep," you said, popping the 'p' with effort. You wondered what he was working on, he's probably told you but you get so caught up in your own thoughts you probably blanked it out.

Do you think he noticed? You've been doing it a lot lately too, blanking out that is. It happened the other day with Mikey, he was telling you about this cool show he watched and you had completely zoned out on him, too caught up in your own anxieties to pay attention. Or just a few hours ago with Leo, you were both stood in the kitchen grabbing some lunch and he had decided to tell you some jokes, when he didn't hear you laughing he thought he had told them wrong, turns out your mind wasn't even on Earth.

Maybe Donnie noticed and he's mad about it? Who wants to date a person who doesn't even pay attention to what you're saying? Great, just another thing to add to the long list of things you hated about yourself. You began to chew on the flesh of your lips, worry battering your brain like a punching bag.

"There! You're doing it right now!" Donnie pointed out, his full attention of you. He was bracing his elbows against his thighs, head leaning against his hands as he watched you with a frown. You felt your cheeks warm as he continued to glare at you with disappointment, he released a sigh and pulled his feet against the ground in an attempt to roll over to you.

It took him a while but he did eventually reach you, his expression had changed from disappointment to tiredness, probably the most exercise he's gotten all week. "What's wrong?" he asked simply, you shrugged your shoulders, avoiding eye contact, "You know I don't like to talk about this stuff, D."

Donnie deflated at the statement, sure it's true you were uncomfortable with speaking about your feelings and anxieties, similar to how Donnie wasn't very touchy-feely. But Donnie could see by your sunken expression that it was important, he felt like he was the only one who could fix it or at the very least help you to fix it.

"I know, but how about this," your ears perked up at the proposition "If you tell me what's wrong, I'll spend the rest of the evening with you in bed watching a movie or something, hugs and all,"

"Really?" you asked in disbelief, Donnie never does this sort of stuff, only if he's ill or it's a special occasion. Sure you get kisses here and there, you don't think he could go on if he didn't get them, but hugging and all things snuggles was a foreign experience to Donnie. I mean, c'mon, he's a mutant turtle for crying out loud!

"Ah ah ah," he shunned, waggling his finger in sync with his words, "Only if you tell me what's wrong." You slouched at his offer, lips in a pout and arms crossed, how dare he play to your weaknesses. Mulling over the proposition, you figured it was a good enough play on your end if you confessed now to gain that sweet, sweet reward.

"Okay," you announced, an air of caution following on from your declaration. Donnie leaned in closer, eager to know what was bugging you, "I just- well I, I don't- and it's just- Ah!" you heaved, frustration running through your bones. Donnie placed a gentle hand on your arm, a warm, relaxing smile on his lips, "Take your time, I know you can do this," he encouraged. Taking a deep breath you started again, "I just- I, sometimes I t-think I-I'm not g-good enough f-for you, o-or anyone. I-I think m-my thighs are t-too thick and my s-stomach s-sticks out-" you stuttered out, ashamed to meet his gaze.

Donnie didn't speak he just listened, he knew he'd never get to hear you admit these things again, or at least for a while, so he wanted every second to be about you. "I-I think I-I'm going deaf in m-my right e-ear a bit, and s-sometimes I-I stutter when I-I'm n-nervous," Donnie grinned, pride in his eyes. "Love," he mused, his nickname for you all but a whisper against your harsh rambles. Tugging on your fingers he spoke again, this time a little firmer, "(Y/N)," you stopped talking and stared into his eyes.

With a finger under your chin, he tilted your head up to gaze into the depths of your eyes, oh no he was gonna do a long-winded speech, you could see it with the raise of his thick brows.

"(Y/N), I know that whatever I say you'll ignore, I can't change your anxieties, I can't change the way you view yourself; only you can do that. Don't think I won't be there to help you along the way, because sweetheart I could never leave you. And I know I'm not one to get sappy but hey, if you're willing to tell me all your troubles I think I'm allowed to be so lovey-dovey for a minute, huh?"

You giggled at his comment, eyes twinkling in the dim lights of his lab. "I can't promise I can fix everything, but I'll try. I'll try to be more cuddly because I know you like that stuff and I've been severely lacking in that department. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

You leapt at him, wrapping your arms around his neck and practically squeezing the life out of him. Donnie patted your arm like a failing wrestler, you released your death grip and beamed a gracious smile at him. Donnie didn't say anything in return, taking your actions as a thank you. Standing up, he tugged on your conjoined hand, chuckling at the confusion of your face. Confusion then went to realisation as you dashed over to his bed with Donnie wobbling behind you.

Snuggling into the plush fabric that was Donnie's bed, you watched as he grabbed his laptop and laid beside you. You quickly selected a film and waited for his arms to wrap around you and bury you in his chest, which he did after he got comfortable. You could feel his warm breath on the bare of your neck, his breathing gentle and rheumatic, "Love you," you hummed. Donnie shifted, digging his beak into the crook of your neck, "Love you too," he mumbled into your flesh.