RiseMikey x GNReader: I don't hate you

REQUEST: shy reader ( blushes easily, it's friendly but when crush comes around gets very clumsy and quiet) it's kinda obvious that both like each other and reader really wants to confess but gets cold feet w/ how the boys treat April? very fluff! Maybe a passionate kiss at the end?

___________________________________________________________________________

The wintery air of New York struck you wide awake as you sauntered to the lair, your winter coat tugged close to your shivering body while your bobbled hat covered your, now shaggy, hair. Fingers dug into the dark abyss of your pockets, you smiled at the thoughts of what awaited you, your five closest friends all together hanging out and having a fun time.

Heaving the manhole cover aside, you dropped into the sewer your face gagging at the smell. No matter how many times you visited the turtles the smell of the sewers was burned into your eyeballs, not to say the turtles themselves stunk of garbage or anything. Quite the opposite, the turtles all had their own unique scent: Leo was mainly pine and Lavander (he secretly liked collecting scented candles), Donnie smelt of oil when he worked long nights in his lab, Raph while often-times smelling of sweat also had a sweet aroma to him. Finally, Mikey smelt like a bakery, the smell of fresh bread and cookies in the oven; perhaps it was because he spent much of his time in the kitchen.

Smiling your thoughts delved deeper for the orange-banded turtle. The way his smile gleamed when watching a Jupiter Jim movie, the look of pure concentration he had while cooking, his artistic flair. God, that little guy had you wrapped around his finger and the worst part was he didn't even know it. You see, you were the nervous type, the type that saw their crush and froze. Blush as red as the sky around sunset, your smile would wobble into an anxious frown, your movements became more skittish as he would approach you offering you a crisp high-five (or three in his case) or a hug.

You were an unbearable wreck around Mikey, and everyone knew it but him. Mikey always thought he had done something wrong, offended you maybe? Whenever he gained the courage to talk to you or even wave in your general direction, you'd go still and come up with some excuse to leave. Did you really hate him that much? Every time you ran he marched to his room and thought of reasons, ideas, anything just to talk to you.

Turning into the lair entrance, you rubbed your hands together, trying, to create some warmth. Your winter boots were plucked from your feet, your coat tugged off and hanging up to dry. Walking further into the lair you smelt something beautiful coming from the kitchen, most-likely Mikey you thought to yourself. A blush soon started blossoming onto your cheeks knowing that your crush was just in that room, your fingers started to shake while your thoughts began racing.

"Hey (Y/N)! Glad you finally made it." April's voice broke you out of your daze. You turned your attention away from the kitchen and onto the bouncy girl in front of you. She had a blanket wrapped around her shoulders and a mug of hot chocolate in her hands. Moving away from you, she turned her back and returned into the projector room "C'mon the guys have been waiting for you."

Following closely behind her, your jaw dropped at the dazzled up projector room. Fairy lights hung from the ceiling, blankets and pillows littered the floor, bowls of snacks were strategically placed around the room. It looked so cosy. "Yoink!" Leo laughed as he pulled the soggy hat from your head, you mumbled a quick "Hey!" in retaliation. Plopping the wet wool onto a heater, Leo took your hand and pulled you down onto some pillows.

"Can't get warm with that mop on your head, doofus." He mused, your vision quickly went dark you felt around grasping at your face, the soft material rubbing against your fingers. Tugging the blanket off of your features you sent a glare around the room, all fingers pointing to Donnie, who sat towards the projector pressing buttons on his vambrace, "What? You were shivering and I didn't feel like standing up." he protested without looking in your direction.