RiseLeo x FReader: Why didn't you come?

request: Requesting a Rise Leonardo x fem reader where she is having bad days of her life and it's her birthday and everyone had a surprise for her until Leo basically forgets about it? Then he remembers that he messed up and goes after the reader went and makes something I her bedroom like an apology ? Angst/Fluffy stuff!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so everyone remembers the plan right?" Raph asked, the three brothers, including April, were hunched around in a circle in the middle of the projector room. Splinter was lounging on the recliner trying to watch his shows, a large foam cup was waved in the air as he yelled at the group to move out of the way. For once he just wanted to relax and watch some t.v, his body flung itself around on the recliner trying to gain the group's attention, to no avail.

"Yeah, yeah," Donnie reprimanded, flicking his wrist in disinterest. He had calculated that 4 hours of his week had gone to just explaining this plan than actually doing it. Mikey's grip on April's and Donnie's shoulders tightened as he bounced all giddy, "How could we forget? (Y/N) leaves school at 3pm, April diverts her to a cafe while we set this place up for a totally amazing surprise party!"

"Yeah, that. Has anyone seen Leo by the way, he's integral to the plan." Raph groaned, but his eyes held worry. April patted the big guy on his shoulder, her voice as soothing as always, "Calm down, Raph. I'm sure Leo will show up, I mean, c'mon, it's (Y/N) we're talking about; the guy's practically gaga for her." Raph felt his breathing steady at her words, "You're right, April. Leo can't even speak when (Y/N)'s around, guess I was worried for nothin'."

- A few hours later -

"April, why are we going to a coffee shop again?" you asked, shuffling the straps of your backpack around your shoulders, the joints becoming sore with all the books you were carrying. April seemed to straighten her posture at the question, but pulled it off effortlessly, "Just thought you'd like to grab a drink before we head down to the lair. Besides," she began, nonchalantly, "It mean's I get to spend some time with the birthday girl before you're whisked away by the guys."

"Fair enough," you shrugged, appeased by her reasoning. Like the caring person that April was, she held open the door for you and paid for your drink, something about how the birthday girl should never pay for her own coffee on such a special day. Your walk to the lair was slow, barely moving faster than a snail, "Apriiiiilll, come ooooon." you dragged out, your patients running thin.

"Oh, come on (Y/N), when do we ever just stop and take a look at the environment?" April was running out of excuses, but she couldn't take you to the lair yet she hadn't had a text from the boys to say it was done. "Say, how 'bout we walk around Central Park again?"

"Apriiiill," you whined. Your feet were beginning to ache after all the pointless walking you had done, shoulders and back still sore from lugging around your backpack, you just wanted to sit down. April gave you a sympathetic smile, she did feel a little guilty for dragging you all across New York, but she knew the wait would be worth it. Finding a bench to sit on, you flopped your back against it and sighed in relief when your feet no longer felt pressure. Lazily patting the empty space next to you, April followed and sat beside you, occasionally checking her phone for any updates.

Just as the moment of pain washed over you, April's phone binged and with that she sprang from her seat and grabbed your wrist. Pulling you up she began to trek her way to the closest manhole cover, while you were whining behind her.

- Back at the lair -

"Okay, I just gave April the all clear, let's do one final check to make sure everything is done." Raph's leader side was showing again as he paraded around the lair with a small checkboard in his overly sized hands. Marching into the projector room, streamers and balloons hung on every inch of the walls, Raph muttered to himself. Splinter stood in the room, patches of fur missing from where he had fought against the ducktape in his hands, "Projector room?"