RiseDonnie x GNReader: Bad boy got game

Request: Hello again!!! 👋 if you're requests are open and you're feeling it...

I need, some soft pining. From Rise!Donnie, specifically. I have a half-formed idea of the guys meeting reader during a mission of sorts, where it ends with them breaking an object(a camera, phone, laptop etc) and the reader looking DEJECTED, not even mad. And of course Donnie could fix it...but rise!donnie's trying to be the emotionless bad boy™ right? But no. Sad reader eyes. Says 'no, it's fine. I'll just replace it :(' and he feels guilty, and she looks SO sad, so he does it anyway. He gives her the new and donnie-improved whatever, with all her old shit intact (memory/sd card) and does the usual 'aren't I an amazing genius ' bit, and she's just like "yeah, you really are :)" and wow reader is so cute and Donnie.exe has stopped working

And now they're sort of friends but there's ~pining~ 😌

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so if my calculations are correct, which they usually are, Shredder should be visible from this rooftop in 15 minutes." Donnie stated, his fingers moving fast over his tech-brace. Raph stood beside him full of nerves, his teeth jittering louder than his incohesive babbling, "Are you sure you're right, Donnie?"

"Wha- gasp!" Donnie lamented, a hand placed against his chest in mock offence, "I am 100% certain that he'll appear," he declared proudly, turning his shell to his brothers as he whispered to himself: "Well, 87% certain."

"What was that, D?" Leo asked from behind him, Donnie waved his hand around dismissively, "Nothing, nothing,". Liar. The boys had been tracking the Shredder for over a week, using social media and Donnie's dumb math equations to figure out where he would appear next. Mikey was laying on his shell, half of his limbs hanging over the building while the other half resided on the cemented rooftop, "I'm booooreeed," he whined.

Donnie huffed out a breath of frustration, "Well maybe if you were on the lookout, like you were supposed to be, you wouldn't be so bored." he gritted through clenched teeth. Leo slid up to Mikey, nodding his head in agreement, eyes squinted shut and a hand under his chin, "I agree with Mikey, this is boring."

"It's only borin' because nothin's happened yet, look, if Donnie says Shred-head is gonna show up then we gotta believe him." Raph cheered, the wind blowing his mask tails majestically. Donnie walked up to Raph with a cock in his step, placing a hand against his arm since he couldn't quite reach his brother's shoulder, he sent the others a devilish smile.

"Gee, thank you, Raph! I'm glad someone appreciates my talents." Donnie swooned. Raph rolled his eyes and continued in an overly positive tone, "Even if Donnie brought us here 20 minutes earlier than what we needed." Donnie continued to smile at Leo and Mikey in a confident manner, his eyes only blinking open when Raph's words sunk in, "Thanks, Raph, wait wha- Hey!" he cried. Donnie could faintly hear the light chuckles from his two brothers, only adding fuel to the angered fire inside of him.

On the other side of town, you were busy taking pictures with your brand new camera. You had brought it for your photography course, practically costing you an arm and a leg to buy it, but you wouldn't trade it for the world. You had essentially fallen in love with the thing, envious of how well it could take pictures and broadcast a clearer image than what your eyes could see.

You had been walking all over New York in hopes to take the picture, the picture that would scream 'New York City'. You had yet to find it, wandering through Central Park, at the top of the Empire State, even going so far as to get to the top of the Statue of Liberty; but nothing. Even though all the things you had taken pictures of were only found in New York it didn't feel like the city to you. You needed something with pizzaz like a jazz player, an air of confidence and grace that you couldn't find in a ballerina, a sense of realism that came from everyday life that made the picture relatable to so many.