Everything Ends: Part 7

Meanwhile...

A groan ripped out from Leo's chest as his eyes fluttered open, he turned his head and caught Casey face down on the ground. His pupils widened almost instantly, flying off of the ground no matter how demanding his body was to sit still, Leo gravitated toward the injured teen.

"Casey!" he cried out, slowly turning him onto his back. Casey had his mask on, though it had begun to crack in the fight with the Kraangified-train. Leo gently pulled the mask over his head, "Casey, you ok?" He panicked. The red-eared slider put his finger over his comm, repeating the names of his missing brothers like a mantra, "Mikey? Donnie", however, he received no reply.

Casey's left eye was bruised, a deep purple circle christened his skin. His lips were cut and bloody, with the occasional scratch along his face and nose. The more Leo shook Casey, the less hope he had. What if he didn't wake up? How could he have been so-

"AH!" Casey gasped awake, sitting up with a start. He glanced down to his hands, flexing them under his eyes before turning to Leo, "What the hell was that?"

Once Leo was sure Casey was living again, he sat back, exhausted. He tilted his head back, letting it hit the bump of his shell, "I don't know, some kind of drippy, crazy Kraang monster." he mumbled out.

Casey stood up on shakey knees, outstretching a hand and balancing on the rubble as best as he could. He pointed his glare at the oh-so-heroic leader, "No, I mean you! Why weren't you listening to anybody?" he was angry, this wasn't like his master.

Master Leonardo was a brave and kind soul, and although he was the leader of the resistance, he didn't shun away anyone's ideas in favour of his own. Master Leonardo took the time to formulate a plan where everyone played a part no matter how little or how small. He took in everyone's advice, and if that plan failed, he'd focus on getting people out and safe.

Casey had already seen enough, he knew this Leonardo was younger and less experienced than the one he had essentially grown up with, was raised by, saw die. Casey shook his head away from the constant action replay of his old masters, he couldn't let this affect him.

Leo's brave smile dropped a little, but he didn't let it slip completely. Still trying to be suave and cool, he played Casey's comment off as a slight jab, "Because I was trying to get us into the building." he said it so matter-of-factly.

Casey huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Well that sure worked out well."

Now that somehow hit a nerve, Leo flinched at the harsh tone, his own deepening, "Hey, I was doing everything right!"

But then he thought about everything that apparently 'went right'. He lost Raph to the Kraang, he got split apart from Mikey and Donnie, he trapped himself and Casey, and worst of all he left the only person that could make him smile on a rainy day.

"How could it go wrong?" he whispered out, head down and eyes pointed to the ground before he closed them and sulked. Casey, at this point, had put Leonardo on the backburners, instead, he focused on escaping like his Master would have done.

Though he continued to speak to the turtle teen, Casey huffed and groaned as he rolled large rocks and boulders out of the way, "Because you weren't listening to your team! You don't have all the answers all the time."

"But I'm the greatest ninja the world's ever seen, you said that." Leo snapped back, he was now watching Casey. The comment he had previously made had stuck with Leo since the beginning, he wouldn't like to admit that it drove most of his downfalls with this particular mission.