Everything Ends: Part 3

One portal jump later...

When the turtles arrived home there was tension in the air, you tried to talk to Leo but he just shrugged his shoulders and said he was fine, "As cool as ice" was how he phrased it. But something was gnawing at you that said otherwise, his brothers were giving him glares from across the room and Raph's casam was at an all-time low.

Mikey assisted April in tying the teen to a chair, now you could get a proper good look at him. With all the armour you could only suppose he was into cosplay or one of those battle reenactments you see in the park. Leo and Raph stood the closest, watching him with their faces only inches from his.

"-And that's when I found him with this picture, so I brought him right here." April spoke, holding the criminating photo in her hands. Splinter took it from her, you, Donnie and Mikey were peering over his shoulder to get a better glimpse. It was a group photo, everyone was in frame while you and April were smushed into the middle.

"H-how did he get that?" you stuttered out, suddenly feeling uneased, was this guy a stalker or something?

"Ugh" the kid mumbled, shaking his head slowly. Though once he looked up a beam came to his face, "Sensei!" he shrieked. Leo flinched back, waving his arms around and landing on one leg, you held back your laughter and would remember to mock him later.

Once the teen tore his gaze from Leo, he set his sights on the rest of you, "It's you! It's all of you, together!" wa-was he crying right now? The boy shook and rattled in the chair, "I never thought I'd see you again! I-I'm so happy I could hug you!" he cheered out. However, he was a little too excited and the chair toppled over with him on it; once again landing him in a face full of concrete.

Raph grabbed the back of the chair and shoved it until the teen's back was against the wall, "Who are you? And how'd you get this picture?" Raph's teeth were bared, his left eye occasionally twitching out of anger, something that rarely happened. The teen gulped, eyes steadily following the snapping turtle before scanning the rest of the room. His eyes landed on Leo but slowly shifted to land on you, another tear fell.

"I-I'm a friend, let me explain." he hurried out, "My name is Casey Jones, and the reason I have that picture is because I'm from...the future!" he hushed out, his tone wavering for dramatic effect. The room was silent for a brief moment before you all burst out laughing, even Splinter couldn't contain the outburst.

You wiped a tear from your eye, "Yeah right, and Jupiter Jim 16 is the best movie in the franchise." you joked. Casey frowned, brows scrunched together, "This isn't a joke-"

"Please, if time travel was real then future Donnie would have told me the lottery numbers by now, like we planned~" The tech genius tapped his forehead, his knowing plan stored away for safekeeping. Casey turned to face Leo, he was pleading at this point, "It's true! You need to believe me, all of humanity depends on it."

"Keep talkin'." Raph grumbled out, suddenly interested. Casey looked down towards his feet, steadying himself, "In the future, our planet was decimated by an alien race. We were hunted, we lived in caves, and we ate leaves and rats. I know this sounds insane, but Master Leonardo gave me a mission."

"Master?" you whispered, of course, Leo took this straight to his ego. He sent a wink your way, his nonexistent brows jumping up and down, "I do like how he calls me 'master'."

"Of course I do," Casey spoke with wonder, "You were the greatest ninja warrior the world had ever seen! You told me to find the key and stop the Kraang."

"Pfft, aliens?" April mocked, hands braced on her hips. You noticed Splinter hadn't said anything in a while, taking a look at him he appeared stunned, "Splints? You ok?"

"T-the Kraang?" he bellowed out, "I have heard of that name. Powerful, barbaric creatures worshipped by the Foot Clan. Legend says they came from the stars. Ruthless, merciful and with one desire...to enslave our world like many others before us. All seemed lost until four mystic warriors forged a mighty weapon, a key that was used to lock them in a prison dimension beyond this world."

You couldn't believe this, I mean after goat men and haunted armour it was definitely in the realm of possibility...but aliens? You bit your lip, mind racing with worrying thoughts, "What happened to the key?"

Splinter stroked his beard, "Over the centuries, the key remained hidden to protect mankind and prevent the return of the Kraang."

"Sooo, future boy is really from the future?" April huffed out.

"Someone finds the key! Today! They steal it and use it to open the doorway and free the Kraang. That's why I came back, to find it first." He nudged his head towards the family photo in Raph's clenched fist, "Master Leonardo drew the key on the back of that photo. So to stop the Kraang, all we have to do is find that key before it's stolen."

The three turtle brothers stared at Leo, unamused. Leo began sweating, his body going rigid, "What's going on?" you questioned, arms folded across your stomach. Leo pointed his fingers together, looking anywhere but at his family, "Ah ha, yeah so did future, handsome, amazing me tell you what to do if that already happened?" he cringed out.

"WHAT!" You, April, Casey and Splinter shouted out, "You had the key with you and you lost it?" you groaned, tugging on your hair. Leo swivelled to face you, his face was full of guilt, "We're boned!" you stared at the ceiling in defeat.

"No, we're not." Raph said after a moment of silence passed, "Cause we know who has it, the Foot Clan. Okay, we gotta find them before they can use it, and this time, we do it together!" he glared at Leo. They all walked off to grab their gear, you followed Leo to his room, not even a joke fell from his lips. This must have been bad.

"Hey, you good?" you asked, you were leaning against the room's entrance, the bright neon lights illuminating your form. Leo huffed, sitting on the edge of his bed with his hands covering his eyes, "I screwed up! We had the key and I messed up and now the world's gonna end. All because of me."

You sat by him, you couldn't really disagree, he was right...in a way. You shoved his side lightly with your own, a small smile gracing your lips, "Hey, the world's not over yet. Besides, you promised me last week a pizza date. And I can promise you right now, I will not be giving up on free pizza."

Leo chuckled, it was small but still noticeable, "Yeah, yeah." He looked up at you, his eyes shining with all the reflections of light, "W-what if this is the end?"

"If it is? Well, we go out the way we always do. We keep fighting for what's right and think about the consequences later."

"That doesn't fill me with much hope, y'know." he teased, wrapping his arm around your shoulders and pulling you into his chest, "Wasn't trying to, Blue. But hey, sometimes hope is the only thing we have."

"Hmmm," he hummed out, rubbing his snout into your hair, he did it a lot when he was stressed. But soon his name was called and the moment between you both was gone. Pulling away, you pressed a small kiss to Leo's cheek, "Go knock 'em dead, tiger." Leo nodded and quickly left with the others.