RiseLeo x GNReader: Late night, deep thoughts

A/N: I had this idea after recently reading a fic on A03 called 'Night Light', which I highly recommend it's so good, anyway this idea kinda stemmed from a part in their fic. I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! You're hogging all the blanket!" You cried out tugging the plush material closer to your chest. Leo clutched what little fabric he had left, desperate to conceal the warmth he had, even if for a few minutes. "Oh, c'mon! You're warm-blooded, I actually need this blanket." he groaned, prying the blanket back. A small, devious plan crept into your mind, while Leo struggled to tug his corner of the blanket, you simply let go. Leo fell to the floor violently, the blanket slipping down the side of his bed and soon joining him.

Your laughter filled the room, falling onto your back you kicked your legs into the air as cackles rolled through you. Leo sat up, his head level with the mattress of the bed, and glared at you. He blew one of his mask tails off of his face, a huff escaping his lips, "Ha ha, very funny." He jumped up from the floor and landed on the bed muttering a small "Move over," as he plopped beside you. Leo plucked the blanket off of the ground and draped it over you both, "Better?" he questioned, his tone sarcastic, "Much," you beamed up at him.

Leo let out a small chuckle, god you were adorable, his fingers dug around for the laptop he had most likely buried under the blanket. When he felt the pang of pain hit his knee he knew he had found it, "So, whattaya wanna watch?"

"Hmmm, Doctor Who?"

"We watched that last week." he groaned out, scrolling through Donnie's Netflix account, which he definitely had permission to use. He landed on a show, read the bio, then continued to scroll "What about Parks and Rec?" you suggested, plumping the pillow behind your back to get more comfortable. Leo shrugged his shoulders in response, "Eh, I kinda find that Jean Ralphio guy annoying."

"Okaaaay, what about Ducktales?"

"Too many ducks."

"Ooh, what about that new Sonic movie, that's meant to be good right?"

"Are you kidding me, he nearly kills a turtle in the first 30 minutes."

You slumped down against Leo's arm, your finger rubbing against your chin deep in thought, God Leo was picky. "What about Flushed Away?" he asked, landing on the title screen for said movie, "Flushed Away?" you questioned, trying your best to look up at him. Leo smiled down at you, pouting his lips just the tiniest amount, "C'mon it's a movie set in the sewers, it's basically perfect."

"Oh, so you won't watch Sonic because he nearly drops a turtle, but you'll watch Flushed Away?"

"We could watch Bee Movie," he teased, scrolling the mouse over to Barry.B. Benson's head. You grabbed his hand in panic, "NO!" Leo burst out laughing "Flushed Away it is," he grinned, letting the movie play out.

The movie had just finished, your face was smushed up against Leo's arm, content with the warmth he and the blanket provided. You felt Leo shuffle beside you, no doubt going to change the movie, "So what now?" he mumbled, his voice sounded tired. Thinking hard, a smirk came to your face, "How about Galaxy Quest?"

"What's that?" he asked, typing in the name, "Oh you'll love it, it's like Jupiter Jim but better."

"Well I doubt anything is better than Jupiter Jim." he argued, you shoved him back down with your hand and snuggled your head against his shoulder, "Just watch it," you whispered. Over the course of the movie, Leo's head moved closer and closer to your own until he was completely leaning against you, a short yawn forcing its way out of his mouth. Your eyes would flutter closed for a minute or two before snapping open at the sound of an explosion, you couldn't help the fact that you were tired you had been up all night talking to Leo, planning how your day together would go.

As the screen turned black and the credits rolled, Leo closed the lid of the laptop and the room was coated in an inky blackness. It was still for a moment, the only thing you were certain of was the boy beside you and the lulling sense of sleep. The shimmering fairy lights hung above Leo's bed forced a groan from your lips, but when Leo's arm pulled away from you that truly woke you up. "By Grapthar's hammer, I think that was pretty good." Leo slurred out, delicately placing the laptop on the ground then returning to you.

"Better than Jupiter Jim?" you croaked, already feeling your throat grow hoarse. You sought for Leo's arm again, waiting patiently for the green limb to be back in your possession; which didn't take long. Leo coughed out a laugh, throwing his free arm behind his head he gazed up at the ceiling, "I never said that." he mused.

He could feel his thoughts start to consume him, sure he was tired but he couldn't close his eyes, he wasn't ready yet to fall into the land of slumber. His thoughts were usually quite sensible, for the most part, often thinking about a good joke, a new skateboarding trick, what to eat for dinner; normal stuff. More recently he found his thoughts were full of you, how beautiful you looked, how funny you were, everything about you really; but that's what you get when you've been dating for over a month. It was only on rare occurrence, mainly when his anxiety wasn't eating him up, where he had deep thoughts, things he thought could benefit the world even if they were dumb

"Okay, hear me out," he started, suddenly waking you from a light slumber, "If you search up a photo of Earth you're technically in the picture." you coughed painfully as a giggle ripped through your throat, "What?" you carried on. Leo tried to shrug his shoulders, finding the action a lot harder when you were nestled against him, "All skyscrapers are tall sandcastles," he claimed.

Okay, if he was going to unload all his random thoughts on you then you could do the same to him. "People who are good looking but have terrible personalities are basically real-life click baits." Leo let out a small chuckle at your thoughts, his eyes shooting to look at you from where you rested against him. Your eyes seemed to sparkle under the fairy lights, maybe it was because he was tired but to him you had never looked more beautiful than you did at this very moment.

The room had gone silent, the only sound being the low buzz from the projector down the hall. It was at times like these where you were happy you had ever met Leo and his brothers, feeling comfortable with someone when sat in silence was hard to come across, but with Leo, it felt natural. You wondered what things you could do with Leo if he wasn't a turtle, of course, you loved him no matter what he looked like; still, you couldn't help but ponder the circumstances.

"Do you ever wish things were different?" you whispered, breaking the quiet but never the peace.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, like, what life would be like if you weren't a turtle?"

"Oh, I mean, yeah of course I do. I think about it a lot, actually. Knowing I could be topside without pretending to be in a costume or hiding in the shadows, it would be nice. I could actually take you out to fancy restaurants and we could have dates like normal couples."

His hand squeezed your own, a warm smile on his face yet it didn't reach his eyes. You felt the claws of sleep dragging at your mind, pulling you into a pit of unconsciousness. Gripping his hand with just as much love, you kissed the peak of his shoulder, "We don't need to be normal, I love you just the way you are shell and all." You couldn't see it but Leo had the biggest grin on his face, his chest swelling up with pride. If he didn't brag about this to his brothers in the morning what kind of boyfriend would he be?

Leo looked down at your head, being the only thing he could clearly see with his tired eyes, and pecked his lips against the soft tussles of your hair, "I wouldn't change a thing either," he lovingly whispered. Leo pulled the blanket closer to your chin, he sluggishly flicked off the fairy lights and cuddled closer to your sleeping form for the best night sleep he's ever had; all because he's wrapped up next to you.

Goodnight, (Y/N).