RiseLeo x MReader: Anytime

Request: hi hope your having a wonderful day and I hope you had a wonderful presidents day yesterday, I was wondering if I could request a Rise Leo x male reader who's a yokai that looks kinda like male naga (a half human half snake being) but the reader is disguising as a human (kind of like how samanita was disguising), and one day as a joke Leo takes the amulet from the reader, and reveals what they truly look like and everyone just stares at them making the reader scared and nervous making him slither out of the lair. and Leo feeling bad follows him, and eventually corners him, first asking why he hid what he really looked like, then comforts the reader telling him that he likes how the reader actually looks like?

A/N: Fresh off the grill!

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was just another day in the lair, another movie night spent under the soft twinkling of the fairy lights hanging from the ceiling and the projector flickering on and off. It was a horror movie, specifically chosen by April and Casey, the two had formed an incredibly close bond since they were the only two girls.

The movie, from what you could gather, was about a monster terrorising a village, stealing crops and one day capturing a woman who dared to explore it's cave. Horror didn't really do anything for you, sure sometimes it could be scary but when the 1940s monster costume looked like Playdoh and sellotape combined, it lost the scary effect.

You could feel Leo push up further against you, the two of you were sharing the recliner, there wasn't much room to separately have space. Though your behaviour was a little odd, Leo made no mention of it, in fact, he continued on as normal. Being his goofy self, this week alone he had flirted and joked with you like never before; maybe he was on to you.

You had reluctantly told Sanita that you had a small crush on Leo, who then told April, she then told Donnie who told Raph, who told Mikey and everyone knows Mikey can't keep a secret so Leo was bound to know by now.

Your fingers fiddled with the badge pinned to your jacket, you never took it off, not anymore at least. Your friends hadn't seen your scaley form before, you never liked to advertise that side of yourself that much. You had always found peace and acceptance in your human form than any reptilian.

A few hours later and movie night was over, though you could still feel the low buzz of sugar in your system, refusing to let you sleep or sit idle. Leo shifted beside you, he must have felt the same way, "Ugh, can we do something else, I'm not ready to sleep yet."

"What do you guys wanna do? We could watch another movie?" April asked, stretching her muscles in the beanbag she laid dormant in for the entirety of the movie. Leo shrugged then turned to you with a smile, "Tag, you're it!" he poked you in the nose then sprung from the chair. You stared at him for a few moments, adjusting to your new role before you sprang to life and chased after him.

It only took a few more minutes before the whole room was involved, all chasing each other with furious pants and wheezing. Leo was thrust into the corner of the room, everyone kept their eyes on him, watching his every movement. Mikey had been tagged but quickly pushed his palm flat against Leo's shell last minute, now Leo was It.

He stayed still, calculating his chances of tagging someone else, but with his sick moves, the odds were in his favour. His eyes scanned around the room, taking in everybody's faces until he stopped on you, he had found his target. You swallowed a gulp, getting your stance just right before you could bolt away from his grasp.

Leo chased after you, every so often just missing a bit of fabric from your jack. You could hear April call "Last round!" this meant sudden death, if Leo tagged you it would all be over. So you kept up your pace, using Raph and Casey to dodge his attacks; and it looked like you were going to win.

That was until Leo jumped over the recliner and slapped a hand against your back before you could get further away. With a cry of defeat from you and a massive cheer from Leo, the game was over. Leo sauntered over to you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder and pulling you closer into him, "As the winner, I should think a prize is in order. Perhaps something from the loser, hm?" he turned to you with a smile, brows furrowed in that way you loved to hate.

You pouted at him, folding your arms over your chest "I have nothing to give you, sorry." it was a mock sorry at that, you didn't really mean it. Leo hummed in delight, pointing down to the badge on your jacket, "That'll do nicely, don't cha think?" his grubby little fingers went to reach for the badge, you slapped his hand away but he wasn't deterred by it.

Leo kept swiping for the badge no matter how much you struggled, "Leo I do-don't think thi-this is a good i-ide-" it was too late, Leo stepped back with the badge in his hands and a toothy grin covering his face. But that grin soon faded into a frown when a shining light encased your body and revealed your true form, scales and all.

Everyone in the room stared at you, their eyes burning holes into your flesh. You leant forward and snatched the badge out of his hands, tears rushing down your cheeks "I told you to leave it alone, Leo! Now look what you've done!" you cried out. With those final words said, you left the lair, entering the darkness of the sewers, not looking back.

It had felt like a whole week had gone by in the sewers, though a quick look at your phone told you it had only been thirty minutes. You don't even know how far away from the lair you are, but you could no longer see the lights, hear chatting, feel the warmth the lair provided. You were on your own.

You leaned against the sewer wall, tears pushing at your eyes, a few escaping and running down the structure of your face. You slowly fell to the ground, the badge that protected you for so long held in a tight fist. You couldn't bear to look at it, now that everything had been revealed was there any point in keeping it, what was stopping you from throwing it into the gushing waters?

Too busy within your own head, you failed to feel the chill that ran up your arm. Too busy to feel the hand that laid against your shoulder or the pleas that fell into the air.

"(Y/N), I-I'm sorry, okay? I should've listened to you and stopped, it's just- I was having so much fun, I thought we were having so much fun and I didn't want it to end." there was silence from you, you couldn't bear to look up at him let alone answer him.

"I just- why would you hide yourself from us? Were you embarrassed or ashamed? Maybe I'll never know, but-" he paused, looking over to you, his eyes then following the expanse of your tail. He squeezed your shoulder tighter "I wish you hadn't hidden yourself like this, I wish you had talked to us, talked to me. I thought- I thought we were close, like we could tell each other anything."

You shunned away from him, a few more tears tumbling down. But this time Leo caught them, he wiped them away and forced you to look at him, "(Y/N), with or without that dumb badge you're still the hottest guy I've ever met. I mean, c'mon, ya kidding me? That snake tail is awesome! I can't believe you've been holding out on us."

His positivity was starting to rub off on you, a small smile shining through the darkness. You embraced him, pulling him closer into your arms "Thanks, Leo."

He patted you on the back, "Anytime."