HC 31: Cracked

Request: Hello:) would you write something (headcanons or whatever you feel like) about the rottmnt boys coming home with cracked (or damaged, in Donnie's case) shells? nothing that can't be fixed just a little worry on the reader's part - fluffy or angsty whatever inspires you! :)

Raph:

You're furious when he taps on your window late at night, you've spent hours worrying about him with no word from the fellow turtle at all.You knew Raph was going on a mission tonight, but heck, you didn't think it would take over five hours.He sluggishly crawls into your room via the modified window, Donnie had helped adjust it for Raph's ease.He continued to apologise profusely, eventually collapsing onto your bed sending your pillows soaring in the air.You shuffled to sit beside him, his shell facing upwards while his head was smushed into the soft comfort of your bedding.His voice was muffled by the bedspread but you could make out the faint "I'm sorry" and "Long night."You decided it wasn't fair to be mad at him, besides, he was off protecting the city while you were just sat in bed, watching as the hours ticked by.Stroking your hand along his spiked shell, you felt along the grooves and the pricks of his spikes.With delicate fingers, you traced a small crack and the unmistakable feeling of a jagged spike. Getting closer you could tell that something had happened during that fight, whether Raph knew it or not.When you told Raph he began to panic, running around your room afraid his shell would split in half. It took you a while to calm him back down, he said it wasn't causing him any immediate pain; you sighed a breath of relief at that.You'd make sure Donnie took a look at it first thing in the morning, right now you both needed some rest.

Leo:

You were sound asleep, the day's hunger washing over you as you rested and restored energy for the next. All was calm and quiet.The next thing you know there's a rather urgent tapping on your window before the lanky teen shifts it open and falls to the ground.You're out of your bed in an instant, rushing to be by his side as he holds his stomach.Your hands are all over him, checking his face, his arms, his legs and then his shell.There's a rather large crack stretched over his carapace, the slash he often sports is rugged and black with dirt."Now I know what you're thinking, and no, it isn't easy to look this good." he laughs, though it's cut short with a pained breath.Your eyes are frantic, gosh you wish Donnie or even Splinter were here to help you.Leo's good at calming you down, instructing you to get certain supplies and how to best help him. He's so calm that it leads you to think something like this has happened before; but it doesn't stop the shaking of your hands.After Leo's patched up, he joins you on your bed, you make sure he's comfortable before allowing yourself a moment to relax. And that's where you spent the rest of the night, wrapped under his arms, sharing the warmth between you both.

Donnie:

Compared to a normal day when you walked in the lair, something felt off. It was oddly quiet and no brother or sensei rat could be seen.You kept your pace up, popping your head into each room until it lead you to Donnie's. In there you could barely see on account of the lights being switched off, however, there was a lone spotlight over his bed.On closer inspection, you could make out Donnie, lying on his shell with a singular rose caught in his hands. His eyes were closed and his chest wasn't rising.Hang on, his chest wasn't rising!You grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him repeatedly, yelling his name with fear in your tone. Nothing. With all your strength you gave him one great, big shake."Ow! Okay, okay I'll stop!" he opened his eyes, his body no longer limp in your arms. You stared at him with an open mouth, "W-what?""It was a joke, dummy. I'm not dead."You dropped him immediately, absolutely enranged."Ow! Ok, when I did say I damaged my battle shell, I did actually mean it.""I hate you, I actually hate you. I had to get three buses to get here! You told me you were dying!""Yeah, dying of boredom. Everyone's gone out to get pizza and I can't go on account of my gruesome injury.""I'll show you a gruesome injury." you muttered under your breath.

Mikey:

You were hanging out with Mikey like usual, the bouncy teen had been eager to show you some of his new art and who were you to pass up such an opportunity.He was cheering and jumping around, celebrating one of his many talents when you noticed a little something on the front of his shell.You asked him to stop, your tone curious but to him, it came across as serious. You traced the tip of the crack, a little jagged spike similar to the ones he had painted on himself just nearly not as big."Hey, you have a little crack in your shell."As soon as you had said that, Mikey was screaming and running along the walls. He went manic, crying, screaming, flailing his arms in the air. The kid was in total panic mode.You calmed him down with the promise that it wasn't a bad thing and that Splinter wouldn't get mad. Though you only truly calmed his nerves when you insisted Donnie take a look at it."Yeah, it's fine. You probably just chipped it when you tried to skateboard on the ceiling last week, I told you it wouldn't work, but hey what do I know; I'm only a genius with seven world records under his belt."A look of recognition flooded Mikey's face, he clicked his fingers "I did do that, didn't I?"He turned to you with worry in his eyes, "D-does it look bad? Am I gonna be horribly mangled forever?""Correction, you're not horribly mangled, it's literally just a chip." Donnie pointed out."Yeah, Mike, you're gonna be fine. Besides, it looks super cool. Even if you were super, horribly mangled.""Again, not mangled just a chip. Why is no one listening to me, do I need to complete another world record?" Donnie muttered to himself.