RiseLeo x GNReader: What's up, Doc?

Request: Hey! I have an idea for a gender neutral rottmnt one shot, and this one gives you a lot of freedom, here's the prompt:

*

*laughs* "Its not funny! I'm supposed to be mad at you!"

*

Because this always happens to me lol

Yn has a crush on Mikey or Leo, if you please, also I dont know if its dumb but you dont have to do it :) but if you do, please take your time

I really love your stories ❤

A/N: Howdy, sorry it took me so long to get to your request, I've been busy with Apocalyptic love. Anywho, I've been watching a lot of Looney Tunes recently and couldn't help but mention it...or base a fic around it....but I just wanna point out how much Rise Leo reminds me of Bugs Bunny. I also may have made a small adjustment to the prompt just so it fit the story a little better. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was driving you crazy. He was driving you crazy. All week Leo had been quoting Bugs Bunny to you, his favourite lines being: "what's up, Doc?" and "ain't I a stinker."

It drove you mad, not because he was quoting said rabbit but because he was doing it at times which often led to a fight, whether that be with his brothers or the criminals of New York. It had all started after you watched The Looney Tune show with Mikey in the lair, you had claimed that you had grown up with the brand and thought the brothers would like it. You said that Donnie would like the smart humour, Raph would like the cartoon violence, Mikey would like the slapstick humour and Leo...

Well, you weren't entirely certain what specific thing he would enjoy, possibly the characters? It didn't really matter anyway, Leo was sat in his room sulking because you begged him to watch it and when he said 'no' Mikey took his place. Of course, you would love Leo unconditionally and no one had your heart quite like he did, but it was fun to hang out with his brothers once in a while.

You cheered away at the screen with Mikey laughing beside you, content in the child-like laughter that echoed around the lair. You had moved on from The Looney Tune Show, considering it had a limited run, and opted to show Mikey some of your favourite skits from the brand. You were both currently watching the duck hunting sketch, Elmar and Daffy are in an all-out war while Bugs watches from the side with a smirk. Leo had grumbled at the sound of your laughter from his room, folded in on himself as he mumbled away "I should be making (Y/N) laugh like that, not some dumb rabbit."

He grew annoyed that a cartoon could make you happier than he could, instead of voicing his concern, he decided to do his research. Leo spent a full hour searching up things about the bunny boy, in a sense, wanting to know what made him tick and why you liked the character so much. Thus, this led to the constant quoting of the character whenever you were with each other. After a few days, Leo saw that his plan wasn't working, the quotes just weren't enough. He grew so far as to start chomping down on a carrot whenever he could, embodying the spirit of Bugs.

You applauded him you really do, but you wanted your boyfriend back, not a turtle mimicking a rabbit. You were stood in the kitchen just browsing through the Hamato fridge for anything to cook, the rumbling of your stomach making it very apparent how hungry you were. With your head in the fridge, you couldn't necessarily see what was happening behind you, but you didn't need to. You could feel his presence from a mile away, the slight clang of his hand banging onto the fridge as he leant against it. Pulling away from the racks of refrigerated delights, you met his eyes.

"What's up, Doc?" he mused, his teeth gazing the carrot. It amused you more when Raph revealed to you how much Leo despised eating carrots, used to have toddler tantrums all the time when Splinter said he needed to eat them; held a grudge against them because he couldn't see in the dark. You held back a smirk, taking in his cocky form, Leo's palm was laying flat against the fridge, feet crossed over one another and he continued to timidly bite the carrot.

You were meant to be mad at him, wanting to tell him to quit this act and just be himself again, but you couldn't. The way he presented himself made you want to cry with laughter, it warmed your heart in a way to see him try so hard to please you. "As much as I'm enjoying this, I would like my boyfriend back, please," you begged with a grin.

"I bet you say that to all the wabbits." He tried his hardest to keep the accent, but even Leo couldn't control the grin breaking out across his face. You pulled your face into a frown, brows furrowed as he continued to nibble the carrot. His face contorted when he bit too much, trying his best not to gag at the taste. You couldn't keep the laughter from tumbling out of you, clutching the depths of your stomach as you rolled laughing, "Stop being funny! I'm supposed to be mad at you!" you cried.

Seeing you in tears finally made Leo break, his laugher soon indistinguishable from your own. Throwing the carrot in the trash, he stuck his head under the tap and guzzled as much water as he could, turning back to face you, he shook his tongue like a dog "You don't know how hard it was to eat that monstrosity." he joked. You stepped closer to the red-eared slider, wrapping your arms around his neck, "My poor wittle turtle," you cooed.

Leo's face bloomed a bright shade of pink, wrapping his arms around your waist, he brought his cheek against your head. "So you don't want to date Bugs Bunny?" he asked, his tone full of insecurities. You pulled back from him with force, staring at him in the eyes with a bemused look, "What? No, ew, of course not! He's just a character I like, dummy." Leo's mouth formed an 'O' as realisation kicked in, he began to nervously chuckle.

"Besides, you're waaaay funnier, Doc." you teased, trailing a finger up his plastron. You smacked your lips against his, Leo huffed at the impact but happily obliged. Pulling away, he smirked at you, eyes half-lidded, "Gee, ain't I a stinker?" he mused back, tugging on your hand as he led you to his room.