HC 23: Non-Binary

Request: Heya!! Uuh if you're not too busy, could you write an imagine or perhaps a scenario where the (Rottmnt) turtles react to their friend and/or significant other coming out as non binary. Ive been struggling with this for a long while and just would love to see their reaction to my rants, as I explain the struggles of being agender. No pressure, homie!

A/N: I hope this is what you wanted, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raph:

You were biting the ends of your nails, knees bent and shaking, mind wandering. 

How could you tell him? Would he understand? What would he say?

Raph was a simple guy, even if he sometimes had his hothead moments they were usually during a fight, other times he was just a big teddy bear. You knew you could go to him and tell him anything without the fear of being judged, but what about now? Would he see you any differently? Would he want to break up with you?

"Raph," you muttered out into the dojo, watching as he ducked and dived away from Buddy; a massive smile on his face. He quickly picked up your voice, quietly stopping Buddy with a pat to the shoulder and a promise to continue. He came up to you panting from his workout, "What's up, (Y/N)?"

"I-I have to tell you something important, promise you won't, like, get mad or break up with me." you begged, too scared to meet his eyes. Raph frowned at your behaviour, why would he want to break up with you? He urged you to continue, which you did, albeit with a stutter, "I-I think I'm...non-binary."

"You thought I'd break up with you because of that?" he laughed, embracing you in a tight hug. You meekly nodded, cheeks going rosy, how could you have been so silly? Raph loves you no matter what! "I'm happy you knew you could tell me," he whispered into your hair. You tried your hardest to rub his shoulders in a loving manner, smiling, you whispered back: "I'm happy you listened."

Leo:

You didn't know if you were just scared to tell Leo because of his reaction or if you were scared cause you didn't think he would like you anymore. But for some reason, you were doing this here and you were doing it now. Walking up to the flimsy blue cloth curtain that guarded his room, you rasped your knuckled against the ageing wood and waited for his alluring voice to speak out.

Once he called out and you nervously walked in, you immediately felt a sense of calm wash over you as you entered his domain. Leo was lounging on his bed with a comic in his hands, eyes flicking up to you, a smile breaking out over his face.

"What's up, babe?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Isss it that you think I'm the most awesome guy you've ever met?"

"No, but you're not wrong," you winked at him, a blush rising to his cheeks. Always the one to fluster never the one to be flustered. Sitting beside him on his bed, you took his hand in yours, looking at the gloved digit before blinking back up to him. "I'm non-binary," you spoke, sounding more confident than you led on. Leo's eyes widened, pulling you into a quick kiss before burying you in his chest, "That's awesome!"

"It is?"

"Well, I mean for you- it's awesome for you."

"You're okay with it?"

"Wha- of course, I'm okay with it! What kind of supportive boyfriend would I be if I wasn't okay with it!"

"I love you!" you squeaked, wrapping your arms further around him, smushing your face into his plastron. Leo rubbed his cheek against your hair, "I love you too,"

Donnie:

Donnie's I just had to do like this, like, I can literally see this happening:
You walked into Donnie's lab with a carefree attitude, seeing the young scientist hunched over his work desk. Bringing his requested coffee to his desk, you leaned next to him and opened your mouth.

"I identify as non-binary,"

"Okay, me too."

He finally looked over at you with a warm smile, which you shared, then you both when back to work. End of conversation.

Mikey:

Mikey was bouncing around the kitchen, throwing different ingredients into a bowl and mixing like a maniac. You came into the kitchen shortly after he put the concoction into the oven, eager to tell him something that was deeply important to you. Your only problem was trying to calm him down, Mikey was so full of energy that you're surprised he didn't brust.

Placing a hand on each shoulder to anchor him, you breathed out a breath of relief and watched him with patient eyes.

"Mikey," you muttered, smiling as his eyes darted around the room, landing on the oven timer, "Mikey," you called again, a little more firm this time. He turned to you quickly, beaming like a puppy dog, "Yeah, (Y/N)?"

"I want to tell you something,"

"Ooh, a surprise!" he shouted, his body starting up again. You gripped tighter onto his shoulders in hopes that he didn't bounce away, "Mikey," you mused. He apologised and stopped his lively movements, staring deeper into your eyes with a toothy grin.

"I'm non-binary," you came out, a hint of nerves stitched into your smile. Somehow Mikey's smile grew bigger, if that was even possible, he launched himself at your form squeezing you to death nearly. Pulling back he littered kisses all over your face in praiseful affection. The spring coil inside of him finally snapped as he jumped around the kitchen screaming and shouting about how much he loved you and how proud he was that you told him.

With a shrug of your shoulders, you joined in, jumping behind him around the kitchen; cheering to yourself:"Oh mi gosh, yay (Y/N)!"