Chapter 48 - The Prophet of the Lord

They pulled up at an abandoned warehouse after saying goodbye to Charlie at the bus station (she'd only suffered a broken arm but was good to go, all things considered.). There was nothing else for miles around, so it seemed like the best place to crack open whatever the hell was in the case they stole from Dick Roman at the airport. Sam carried it inside the building, whilst Dean carried their duffel. Allegra followed with the flashlights. She didn't really want to be here, but she did want to get rid of the Leviathans. If this thing was the answer to that, she had to stay.
Sam put the case on the table. Dean took out some tools from the duffel before joining his brother. Allegra went to stand on the other side, shining the light on the case. Inside the case was a wrapped piece of clay. Something else was inside of it.

"That's a lot of fuss over a caveman Lego," said Dean.

"Yeah," said Sam. "Well, whatever Dick wants is bricked up inside that."

Dean grabbed hold of a mallet and passed a pair of safety glasses over to Sam and Allegra before putting a pair on himself. He swung the mallet, crashing it onto the clay. Allegra's hand trembled at the impact. She backed up a little, thinking she was just too close to the table. But when Dean hit the clay a second time, her hand trembled again, more violently now.

"Allegra, you okay?" asked Sam, concerned.

"I don't... I'm not sure."

"Here, I'll take the flashlight. Sit down for a sec."

Sam took her place on the other side of the table and nudged her gently. As Allegra sat on the floor, holding her hand, she saw Dean was looking at her with even more concern than Sam was. She lowered her eyes, not wanting him to know that she had noticed his gaze.
Dean swung again, and Allegra's hand shook uncontrollably. Thunder roared outside, and a lightning flash tore open the sky. The voices inside Allegra's head were screaming all at once. Angel radio was going wild. She shut her eyes, putting her non-shaking hand against her temple, trying to silence them, but it was too much. Every time the mallet hit the clay, it just got worse. White light blinded Allegra, and she screamed out in pain right when the clay cracked open.

"Allegra!"

She didn't know who yelled her name or who caught her before she hit the ground. The only thing Allegra saw was light. And in the light, the face of a boy in his late teens. The angels' voices grew faint as Allegra lost consciousness.

"The prophet has awoken. The prophet must be protected. The prophet is the key."

***

Neither Sam nor Dean dared to move Allegra, unsure of what had happened. She seemed fine physically, but if something had gone off inside her head, on the angel frequency, it was just a matter of waiting until she woke up. They spend the night at the warehouse, sleeping on the floor or at the table in shifts and listening to the news via Sam's laptop.
Hidden inside the clay was a stone tablet. They couldn't make anything of the markings on it. Just a bunch of gibberish, really. But whatever it was, if Dick Roman wanted it, they had to keep it away from him. The brothers had just discussed where they were going next (Rufus' cabin still being the safest option) when Sam's phone suddenly rang.

"It's Meg," he said, furrowing his brow.

Dean pulled a face at the mention of the demon's name

"You deal with her. I'll try to wake Allegra."

He walked over to where she was lying. He had put his jacket over her earlier and Sam his own underneath her head so that she would be a little more comfortable. Dean knelt beside her, eyes wandering over her face. She looked so fragile.