Chapter 33 - Partners in crime

After taking a shower, Dean went straight to Allegra's room. He couldn't wait to hold her in his arms again. But when he opened the door, Dean was surprised to find her room empty. He could've sworn he saw her go in earlier. Then, he noticed a note with his name on the desk.

'Dean, meet me in the garage. There's something I need to tell you.'

Well, this can't be good, thought Dean. Great... The friggin' drama never ends around here.

He put the note back and was just about to leave when something else caught his eye. A really old-looking scroll. Had that always been there? Dean picked it up and saw a bunch of other papers lying underneath in Allegra's handwriting. He took a seat at the desk and pulled the papers closer. It was all just random scribbles. But then he read Michael and Lucifer's names. He unrolled the scroll a few inches but couldn't understand a word it said.

This must be that prophecy Alley was talking about. But she said she gave it to Crowley's flunky to have it translated. What the hell's it doing back here?

Dean got up with a sigh and put everything back in place. As he walked out of Allegra's room, he nearly bumped into Sam. The brothers stared at each other for a moment.

"I... Is Allegra in there?" asked Sam hesitantly. "I need to talk to her."

"Talk or kiss?"

Sam's eyes widened at the comment. Dean sneered back at him.

"Yeah, she told me."

"Dean, look, I-I don't..."

"Save it. You're damn lucky Alley begged me not to kick your ass. Now, I already warned you once not to go near my girlfriend. Don't make me do it again."

Dean pushed past Sam and stomped down the stairs. He knew that if he didn't leave right now, he would tear his brother a new one. He had to get away from him and find Allegra. She was waiting for him.

***

Allegra leaned against the table in the garage as she waited for Dean. Now that she suspected Castiel was involved in something bad, she couldn't keep that particular secret to herself any longer. When she heard footsteps on the gravel outside, she straightened her back and took a deep breath. The door opened, and Dean walked in. His lips curled up in a smile when his eyes found her. Allegra quickly put out her hand, keeping him at a distance. Dean registered her serious expression immediately and halted. 

"Alley, you okay?" He tilted his head, brow raised in concern.

She bit her lip. No going back now.

"It's Crowley... He's... He's still alive."

"He's what?" Dean stared at Allegra in disbelief. "How?!"

"I saved him."

"You what?! I asked you straight if you knew if he survived! Why the hell did you lie to me?!"

"I didn't lie, Dean, I just didn't tell you. There's a difference."

"Don't give me that crap, Allegra! Why would you save that bastard?!"

"He tried to weasel his way out of the deal he made with Gabriel, but I found out. I got him to extend our own deal. I can't kill him, but I can't let him die either. We have to protect each other from mortal danger. Crowley's saved me a couple of times already. Or he sent someone to do it."

"The ratdemon..." 

"And at the diner too. I got attacked in the back corridor."

Dean pinched the bridge of his nose and gave a frustrated grunt. Allegra knew he wanted to yell at her, but he'd made his fair share of deals in the past, so if anyone understood, it would be him.