Chapter 30 - Unravelling

Sam was in a good mood. The Hunter he met with had some pretty interesting stuff and could have provided them with the lead to find this Mother of All the dragons were trying to raise. He waited outside for Dean to pick him up. 
Now that he was alone, he had some time to think about some things. Or better... someone. Allegra was constantly on Sam's mind. He didn't know if it was because she used his shield on him or because he subconsciously felt guilty about almost killing her, but he couldn't stop thinking about the redhead. Which was bad 'cause Allegra was Dean's girlfriend now. And for Dean to take that step with her after all these years was huge, especially since they couldn't... Okay, not going there.

His brother finally pulled up in the parking lot. Sam ran over to the Impala. He couldn't wait to get to Bobby's and tell everyone what he learned. They'd be able to finish this in no time and get on with their lives. 

"This Hunter is seriously good," he said as he got in. "He gave me all these references to anything even remotely related to that Mother-chick. I'll tell you more at Bobby's with the other, but..."

"What happened between you and Allegra?" interrupted Dean bluntly.

Sam fell silent and blinked a couple of times in confusion.

"Me and... ? Wha-...?"

"Just had a little visit from Cas. Allegra told me Lucifer was still in you a couple of months ago and that she used her mojo to get rid of him, but apparently, that's not all that happened. Or did Cas just lie to me?"

Sam pressed his lips together. After Castiel told him that Lucifer had tried to force himself, using his body, on Allegra, she asked him not to tell Dean about that since she wanted to do that herself, but with everything that had been going on... 

"Dean, look... I-I had no control over what happened. I don't even remember any of it."

"No, no, don't pull that on me. You know something, so I need you to level with me and give it to me straight. What happened?"

His demanding big brother stare made it pretty clear that keeping quiet about this wasn't an option. Sam sighed in defeat.

"Cas said that... Lucifer, as me, just said the right things at the right time. Allegra was emotionally vulnerable and..."

"And?" pressed Dean.

"And we... or rather they... started to euhm..."

Sam struggled with the words. But he didn't need to say it. Dean understood what he was getting at. He looked away, face twisted in pain at learning about this.

"Did Allegra know it wasn't really you?" he asked, even though he appeared like he didn't really want to know the answer.

"I... I'm not sure," admitted Sam hesitantly. "I don't think she did at first. Something must've made her stop, though, because when Allegra pushed back, Lucifer revealed himself and tried to take her by force. Cas stepped in then and helped Allegra tap into her grace to cast him out of me. That's all I know, I swear."

Sam wanted to put his hand on Dean's shoulder, but his brother's menacing glare and tense posture stopped him from doing so.

"Look, Dean, I know nothing I say will make it better. But you don't have to act like this. Allegra chose you. She doesn't want me."

"Well, clearly she does!" spat Dean.

"Will you stop?!" Sam couldn't believe they were actually having this juvenile conversation. "You two have something real. We all see it. You're not seriously gonna let this get in the way, are you? You weren't even with her when it happened."