Chapter 59 - Message from the grave

Allegra lingered back as Dean opened the barn door. She'd never been inside, not even during the months she spent alone here. Gabriel had always told her to stay away because of the dangerous tools inside. She doubted that had actually been the case, but she'd still been reluctant to go in. You never knew with that Archangel, after all.
Dean turned back to her. Allegra gazed into his green eyes. Finally, after all this time, he said it. He told her he loved her. She still couldn't believe it. Part of her expected to wake up in bed at any moment. But this wasn't a dream. Dean was with her, and he loved her. He was in love with her like she was with him. She had never been so happy in her entire life. Which was why she felt slightly anxious upon seeing his serious expression.

"There's something you gotta see," said Dean. "I found something when we were here with Kevin. It's why I asked you to meet me back here after we were done with Roman. I'm sorry I didn't show you this before; I know I should've. I guess I was scared that you would disappear on me again or something."

"I'm not going anywhere," said Allegra. "I promise."

Dean took a deep breath, then grabbed her hand and led her inside. He went straight for the boxes in the back and put the top ones on the ground. Allegra stayed on the sidelines first, but then her eye fell on the words scribbled on one of the boxes - 'Allegra -1979'. She knelt down to open it. Her breath caught. Inside was a baby blanket - her baby blanket. And her Pooh bear, too. She immediately recognized it from the pictures in her old room.
Allegra's eyes flashed to the other boxes on the ground. They all had her name and a year written on them. She opened each one faster and faster. Every single one of them held something precious from her childhood; a doll, a drawing, clothes, books, her first violin... all carefully packed and looking brand new.

"Alley?"

Allegra looked up at Dean with teary eyes. He knelt down and pulled her into an embrace.

"Hey, it's okay." He stroked her hair comfortingly. 

"I didn't know." Allegra sobbed. "H-He never told me he... I... I always thought he donated this stuff to charity."

Dean drew back a little and kissed Allegra gently on her brow. 

"I know it's hard for you right now, but this isn't what I wanted to show you. This is."

He reached back for a small box, no bigger than a book parcel. Allegra noticed the tape was ripped off. Dean had probably done that the last time he was here. She knew she should probably reprimand him for snooping through personal stuff, but she honestly couldn't have cared less at this point.
Dean pulled out a DVD. It looked homemade. Allegra really hoped this wasn't another Casa Erotica version with Gabriel as the star player. The Winchesters showed her the one they got from him after he died, and she still wished she hadn't watched the damn thing. Calling it disturbing was still putting it mildly.
Then, Allegra saw the envelope at the bottom of the box. It was directed to Dean.

"Dean, what...?" She raised her eyes to him.

"Like I said, I found this when we were here last time. I wanted to tell you then, but I didn't think it was a good idea considering you were with Sam and..."

"I wasn't with..."

Dean threw her a meaningful look.

"Fine, I was with Sam." Allegra rolled her eyes. "Moving on now, please. Did you read the letter?"

"I did. Gabriel writes that he left an important message on the DVD, something that'll change everything for us, apparently. But he asks that we only watch it after..."

"After?"

"After we admit we love each other," finished Dean.

Allegra gasped silently. The last time she spoke to Gabriel, he basically told her that he knew of her feelings for Dean, so that part didn't come as a surprise. But for him to assume Dean would love her back? Gabriel had really been grasping at straws on that one, considering how he used to be back then.