41

Calla

Leonardo and I laid down in the garden near a lone fountain in the outskirts of the palace. It was a warm but windy day; the soft breeze of the earth cooling us off.

I was surprised he wished to join me. It was supposed to be only Lizabeth and me, but he insisted he tag along. I did not care for him to join us but Lizabeth encouraged the gathering. How convenient it was for her to say this for she was nowhere to be seen.

"And the kitty said MEOW MEOW!" I hummed, reading the book called: The Brave Pussycat to him. I made an effort to discuss more demanding topics with Leonardo but his fragile brain did not have the capacity.
I suppose books like this would have to do.

"Haha, stupid cat! He will die!" Leo chuckled, looking at the book over my shoulders. He rested a lazy arm around my waist, gently nuzzling his chin against my neck. I did not mind the contact for it was better than him beating me.

"The cat is not stupid Leonardo. It is simply young and in need of some guidance"

"When you are young, you are stupid" he cursed, flipping the page so I may continue. "Is this book only about a cat? I thought it was about puss--" he paused, eyeing me carefully, "nevermind" he cursed, still flipping till he reached the end. "This cat is still stupid"

"Just because one is stupid does not mean they cannot be great. You were once young" I say. I knew he would never catch on to my subtle shade that involved him.

He looked into my eyes, grabbing my jaw and pulling it towards his lips. "You're beautiful Calla; even when you say things I don't understand"

"You call me beautiful every second Leonardo. I am starting to think it's a lie" I teased but he furrowed his brows, dismissing my insecurities.

"No Calla. I mean it.
From the moment I first saw you I was mesmerized. Your skin shines like the radiant beams of the sun. And your eyes twinkle like the delicate streams of Genovia's fairest lake.
You're beautiful" he whispered, carefully rubbing the surface of my cheek with his thumb.

I was a bit surprised at his poetic justice. Since when did he have the gusto to recite poetry so profoundly? He had probably hired Oslo to write the stanza.

He pulled me into his arms and we kissed rather calmly, his brims caressing the edge of my jaw. I allow his lips to brush against mine for a few seconds longer before pulling away.

"Calla" he grumbled before slowly peeling the string of my dress away.

"Leonardo" I chuckled pulling his hands away. I knew now would be the perfect time to lay with him. My stomach was still flat and I needed to make him think I was pregnant by him, but for some reason...my body would not allow me.

He was adamant about his conquest, slipping a piggish hand beneath my bosom.
"Leonardo. Right here?  In the open?"

He proceeded with his efforts, ignoring my valid concerns. I looked around and even though no one was there, I still felt so odd. I shoved him away, clutching onto my knees to calm.

"Calla" he cursed, pulling my neck and turning my cheek so I would face him.

"I am worried someone will walk in on us"

"Whoever dares, I'll kill them"

"Leo..."

"Fine. Whoever walks in I'll gouge their eyes out" he cursed, pressing his lips against my neck. I moaned instinctively, for his kisses were sweet, but I caught myself, dissociating from his charm.