7

Emperor Leonardo and I were swiftly married, about two days after I settled into the kingdom. Elegant dresses, magnificent feasts, and important dignitaries alike gathered into the palace of Genovia, eager to see the new empress chosen by God.

—-

"And do you, emperor Leonardo take Calla of Cedonia to be your wedded wife and reigning empress of Genovia?" the high priest tang, looking down to him as we kneeled together at the altar.

"I do" he nods, forcibly rolling his eyes before letting out a impatient breath

"And do you Calla, take Leonardo of Genovia to be yours and rising up to taking the title of Empress of Genovia?" the priest announced, turning over to me. Before I had a chance to even speak, two guards came behind me and brandished their swords, making me hesitate for just a moment.

I looked at each of them as they stood at my side, confused at their sudden movement. Leo only looked down to his palms, inspecting them and refusing to meet my eyes.

I guess I didn't have a chance to reject the vow?

"I do" I announced loudly even though I was still a bit scared. Leo flashed me a wicked smile before nodding his head, signaling the guards to fall back.

"So by the power vested in me and by God almighty! I now pronounce you husband and wife. All hail emperor Leonardo and empress Calla of Genoiva!" the priest announced. He reached to the altar to grab an elegant crown, gently placing it upon my head.

And in that instant, I felt whole

And in that instant, I felt whole. Like I was born to do this; ordained by God.

I am empress! I think to myself, grinning from cheek to cheek as the sound of cheers surround me.

"You may now embrace" the priest announced, leading us to stand.

Leo turns to me and lifted my chiffon viel, staring into my eyes before pulling me into his arms. He kisses my cheek before placing a soft kiss against my lips. He wrapped a heavy arm around my waist, pulling me deeper into his mouth and attacking me with a passion so real. The crowds cheered and hooted as I wrapped my arms around his neck, gently running a palm against his short hair.