38

Y'all don't hate meeeeee!!

Calla

I wake up with a thick bundle of bandages on my head. I force my eyes to open and blink to clear my vision. My heart raced as I inspected the environment around me.

Why was I in the infirmary?

The last thing I remembered was arguing with Donatello about killing Leo and him storming out the room we were in...
Another memory flashed into my mind as I rubbed my temples with care. I remember... taking a knife to kill Leo? But was I successful?

"Hello! Hello?" I shouted for some one..anyone who could help me. " hello?"

Lizabeth comes in and smiles. In her hands was a small tray of tea and fresh milk.

"HELL-O CAH-LAH!
HOW
ARE
YOU
TWO
DAY?" She mimed as she walked towards my bed; every syllable was stretched out and emphasized. I wondered why she was talking as if I was a newborn doe?

"I am...fine Lizabeth but I would feel much better if you stopped speaking like that" I teased.

Lizabeth's eyes opened wide in shock for some strange reason. "AH! CALLA! You remember my name?" she clapped excitedly.

"Of course I remember your name" I smile. "Why would I forget?" She was acting stranger than usual which took me by sudden surprise.

She covered her mouth before falling to my bed in awe. "Calla!!! Leo and you...The fall?
You had amnesia for 3 days."

"Amnesia...for three days?"

Lizabeth nodded her head carefully before speaking again. "Leo found you in his bathroom with a bruise on your head. It seemed that you had fallen under some fainting spell." She informed me.

"Oh my gosh...." I cursed.

"And...he found you with  a knife"

"Oh my gosh.
FU*k" I cursed remember the details of the plan. I was supposed to kill him that day but I felt a sharp...pain in my stomach. I push my hands against my dress, lifting it up to feel the skin against my belly. It was...flat?

"Leo has been on his campaign to win your affections.
He ordered another wedding and has cleaned out any and EVERY memory you have of him. He destroyed Paxton's grave and—-"

"Paxton! Why?" I cut of Lizabeth's words.

"Well, it seems as if he wants a second chance? He claims  God has granted him another chance? He wants you to fall in love with him and if your heart is open, you may give you him a heir"

I giggled trying my best to take Lizabeth's words seriously but the whole situation was too humorous. "He is so dumb"I cursed beneath a lazy breath.

"He also...sent away Donatello" Lizabeth confessed, twirling her hands against her lap. My heart shattered as I heard her words. No..
It couldn't be true.

"What?" I sat up, pulling down the end of my dress. She nodded silently, waiting for me to take in my new reality.

"Leo said you have no use for him. Since you have amnesia..you two never met. Leo is moving all your stuff into his room has sworn off Vanessa and his other whores. He's a changed man Calla"

"All for me?"

"All for you" she nodded, pulling the blankets over my body. I hadn't noticed my shivers. It wasn't due to the coldness but because of the news of Donatello's absence.

"Great! So what do I do now? I've been pretending to like him for months. I can't pretend any longer."

"Calla... maybe this is our advantage? You can try and get closer to Leo and once he's vulnerable, you can attack, kill him and boom! Empress of Genovia"

"But... I can't do that. I am in love with Donatello."

"I know you are." Lizabeth sighs, standing from my bedside, "I would not want to be in your position." she shrugged, carrying a basket of clothes that were piled beside my bed frame.

I nodded, smiling at her sentiments and looked to the door as Leo entered in.

Should I continue pretending to have amnesia or reveal my truth and make an attempt to find Donatello.
I didn't have time to ponder...
I had a choice to make then and there.

"Calla! Good morning" he smiled. A small little bundle wiggled and rolled against his arms.
He opened the top of the blanket, exposing his orange face.
It was a fox.

How original...

Leo walks over, kissing my forehead with care. I cringed a little at his touch and looked around to find Lizabeth but she conveniently found her way to the other side of the room.

"Good morning Leo" I tried to paint a smile onto my face. He pushed the little fox into my hands and smiled. "A gift for a speedy recovery."

"Oh thank you?" I smiled trying to not be as awkward. I looked over at Lizabeth as she walked over to where we stood. She smiled and winked, nodding for me to continue.

"Can I ..kiss you?" I put on my nicest smile.

"You may" he smiles.
And I do exactly that.
I pucker my lips, bending foward to kiss his cheek but instead he grabs my jaw, taking my lips into his. He deepened it, desperately biting my lower lip to satisfy his list but I politely pulled away.

He looked touched by our embrace and nodded, looking at Lizabeth before looking at me once more.

"Well... thé doctor said you are free to go so I have prepared a breakfast for you. Whenever you are ready to eat the guards will escort you." Leo announced.
Lizabeth stood behind him, encouraging me to continue my rouge.

"Breakfast alone?" I clarify.

"Yes. If you would like to have it on your own."

"No...I like breakfast with company? May you join me husband?"

Leo smiled and nodded. "Of course." He said, stands from the bed with glee. He almost slipped to the door but caught himself the minute he turned away. "I will see you then Calla"

"Then it is a date Leonardo" I announced. I decided to call him that name instead of Leo.
The Leo I knew was cold, inhospitable, and rude. But Leonardo? Well...he was the opposite.

I guess I favored this new Leonardo but my mind still wandered to images of Donatello.
I needed to find out about his whereabouts and fast.

Author Note:

Leonardo said 👉🏼👈🏼