30

Lightly edited! I wanted to update ASAP 🥰

Calla

Donatello and I were insuperable for the next few days but of course all good things must come to an end in the kingdom of Genovia.

"Empress? Empress Calla!" Oslo paced over. I was making my way to the dinning hall for breakfast with Leo but I guess that would have to wait for now.

"Good morning Oslo." I smile, taking in his distinctive features. He was such a peculiar man. Kind but peculiar.

"Any chance on scheduling a meeting with the general J'offre?"

"No. He's been off meeting with some fellow generals in nearby country but when he returns I will make sure to...talk to him" I hinted.

"When is he set to return?" Oslo asks.

"Leo said in 3 days, so until then. We wait" I shrug.

"Good, good." He nodded still lingering. He extended a palm, signaling me to walk on. I took note and continued on my path to the dining room.

"Is something wrong Oslo? You seem ...agitated?" I suggest. He exchanges a nervous glance before looking to the floor. "There has been talks of sending Donatello back to his hometown in Spain"

"What!" My footsteps halted as I heard his news.

"Just hushed whispers." He reassures me, trying to calm me down. He pulls my arm and leads me to a tiny corner near the edge of the hallway. "Nothing is set in stone yet but Leo hates Donatello. He is jealous of him and the time you spend with him."

"But Leo was the one who brought him here! He can't—"

"He has. Donatello is already packing."

"What!!"

"Just to a separate wing across the palace. He doesn't like you being empress and having another man in your room."

"Seriously? He has Vanessa in his room evey night."

"He says he summons for her so it's diffierent. It's one thing to let them sleep over like Leo does with Vanessa but Donatello's wing is in your quarters. He has no room to himself." I glare into the distance before punching the wall.

"Don't worry too much empress. I just though you should know. I think I like Donatello more than you" he teases.

I try to force a smile to match his but I couldn't. I was to upset!. "No..no. I refuse it." I whisper loud enough so Oslo could hear.

"Calla, remember? We patiently wait until the right time."

"No! He has taken everything.
He has taken my letters!
My fox!
My autonomy!
He cannot take Donatello. He cannot!" I whisper turning on my heel to find Leo. He would hear my mouth today!

"Calla! Calla!!" Oslo runs after me. "Don't make decisions rashly. Think about all you said and all we still have to do. Patience."

"No Oslo! I don't care!" I yelled, storming to find Leo!

He will not take my happiness; not again.

——-

"Where is he!!" I screamed, making my way through the palace. He wasn't in the dining room I planned to meet him in. "Where is he!!!" I shrieked again. The people in the palace clear a path so I could pass. They knew my anger was lethal.

I kick open a couple of doors until I come to a quaint breakfast nook near the outer edge of the palace. He was propped lazily against the table with a spread of fresh fruits and pastries.