6

The carriage ride to Genovia was without trial, sleet and snow lined the copper brown roads so that was a mess within itself but strangely enough, the venture was somewhat calming. I soon realize that every mile I traveled was a mile away from the land I once called home....

Emotions of fear and excitement fill my spirits as my eyes glance upon the rocky mountains that signified the kingdom; it was the land I would soon call home.

Genovia

"Stop here" I tapped the roof, signaling the driver to pull over to the riverside beside the perimeter of the kingdom line. I pulled my scarf around my neck, tightening it into a loop; the chilly air made made sure to caress the warmth of my skin.
What a chilly night it was.

Despite the cold, I couldn't resist but smile, taking a moment to breathe it all in. My journey of uncertainty was soon coming to an end and I would be wife and empress to the man I was ready to blossom a love with; I was ready.

——-

I stand at full attention, waiting eagerly to meet the Emperor.

It was strange, but when I arrived at the palace, there was no sign of celebration or jubilee for my arrival. Two guards simply grabbed me by my arm and pulled me into this unfamiliar room which I assumed to be the throne room. It was still magnificent and pristine nonetheless but I found my greeting a little strange.

The doors burst open and in comes a man in an elegant golden crown and an ornate red robe. He looked like he held importance against the basicness of the room, strolling in past the long chandeliers that decorated each corner. A group of men lined up behind him, giving him space so he could approach me.

He stopped where I stood and looked into my eyes, calmly walking around me to take in my figure, sizing me up and down then circling around me again.

I couldn't help my gaze as it lingered among his features. He wore a loose silk blouse under the elegant robe paired with tight black trousers. His short chocolate hair was tousled messily against the crown he adorned. He had strong arched brows and eyelashes so thick, it should have been illegal.

His eyes....well they were mysterious and sort of catastrophic; both of them shot up and down, raking me in with no embarrassment. He had distinct cheekbones and an angular jaw, his medium tan skin made him look devilishly handsome.

 He had distinct cheekbones and an angular jaw, his medium tan skin made him look devilishly handsome

(I already KNOW y'all will think he's cute cause I find him OOOGGGGLLLY 🗣🗣)

He continued like this for a few minutes until the silence of the room became awkward, so awkward, that one of his men had to clear their throat to break the tension.

He realized his actions then frowned, looking to take me in once again before opening his mouth.

"She's FUCKING BLACK!!" he said rather blatantly. The men stared at me with no surprise or shame. Perhaps his men had not informed the emperor of my tone? Still, the priest said Genovia was more advanced in their thinking.