10

Palace life is absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thrown an elegant ball and my wedding dress was so beautiful! And Emperor Leo is handsome as they say. He seems aloof but I see our love story brewing! Oh! and he gifted me a small fox that I named Paxton. Oh how lovely he looks.
He reminds me of you Sarai.

Give my love to mother and father.

Calla

I dotted the last letter of my sentence, scanning each line to make sure it sounded believable enough.   It was still early in the morning but I decided to write a letter to my family to update them about palace life; I missed them so much. Despite all this, I couldn't let my family know of my real displeasure.

I hear Lizabeth chuckles as she peered over my shoulder.

"Lizabeth!" I scolded her.

"What! You know I am nosey empress" she frowned, snatching the letter from my grip. Her eyes scanned each word on the page, humming and nodding until she arrived at the end.

"Does it sound believable at least?" I frown, pouting once her displeasure showed on her face.

"At least" she smirked rolling the ends of my letter and passing it over to me. I let out a tired sigh, looking down at Paxton as he hopped into my lap. "Ouch Paxton!" I frowned, scolding him as he playfully bit the top of my fingers. I take a small bone from the ground and throw it to the other room so he could fetch it.

"Well...even if it doesn't sound believable, I ask that you ship it anyway" I shrugged, passing it back to her so she could give it to the guard to be delivered.

"Oh.... You don't know?" she asks me.

"Know what?" I grumbled, prepping myself for yet another ridiculous rule.

"All letters must be read by emperor Leo before they can leave the palace" Lizabeth says, pulling the bedsheets off to start her chores.

"Next you'll tell me he must inspect every inch of my bare bum for beauty marks?" I scoffed, standing to pull on my gloves.

Lizabeth flashed me a teasing smile before pulling the rest of the pillows off my bed.

"Where is Leo now?" I grumbled, pushing on my dainty heeled shoes that were still so uncomfortable.

"Probably with his court of men. Do you wish for me to escort you?" she asks.

"No. I am fine Lizabeth. Thank you" I smiled, grabbing the letter into my hand before starting my venture.

——

I see Leo in the hallway conversing with a group of his men. They laughed in mirth, conversing amongst each other as they leaned against the hallway walls.

"Emperor Leo" I say, coming behind him to grasp his attention. He turns to face me and pouts. "Wife" was all he said.

I hold up my letter and push it into his arms. "I wish to send this to my family" I bragged, not fearful of him reading it. I had said nothing bad against him anyways.

He opened it and scanned it throughly, leaning his head against the wall to rest. "Aloof?" he reads aloud, dragging his eyes to face me.

 "Aloof?" he reads aloud, dragging his eyes to face me