45

"I'm gonna kill him! I am going to FUCKING KILL HIM " Leo's yells were brash and deadly, every fluctuation bounced against the small wing. I paced rather cautiously through the wing that housed the infirmary, preparing myself for a spectacle saturated with Leo's obscenities and jeers. Ossy (the fox) wiggled just beneath my palms, eagerly trying to bite one of my thumbs. 

"Find that oaf and END him!" There was a rage in his voice. I step into the small infirmary where soldiers wounded from the war were treated. Six or seven different doctors ran through the room, grabbing buckets and pads of cotton.

"Excuse me" a doctor brushed past me.

"On your left empress," another barked, pushing past me with a bucket filled with water. It was a hectic scene; each doctor was trying their hardest to tend to his wounds, trying to stop the bleeding from the core of his... butt. 

A few soldiers wounded from war rested on the beds scattered through the wing, some of them sleep soundly while others sat up to watch the scene. 

They lifted their eyes as they saw me come in and bowed their heads, signaling their respect. I nodded my head to each of them, greeting their acknowledgment, and lifted a gentle palm, ushering them to rest. My heart was heavy seeing their amputated legs and arms and now, they had to listen to the annoying yells that were soon to come.

"Calla! Oh, Calla!" Leo shouted once he saw me standing in the distance. He rested against the soft cotton pillows, his face down with his butt in the air. He looked like a fool. How glorious

"Calla, my love! I wish you didn't have to see me this way!" he groaned, snapping so the doctors could scoot the bed to face me.

Calla, don't laugh.

You must not laugh.

 I repeat the command to myself. It was a humorous display of karma but I refrained. I strolled over to where he rested, making sure to stand at a distance so the doctors could tend to him.

"Leo I just heard the news.  I am so sorry" I pouted to show remorse. There were a few tears left in my eye from the session of laughter I shared with Lizabeth earlier so it was not hard.

"I'm going to kill that rat named Oslo"

"Leo" I try to control his temper.

"I'm going to skin him alive!" he swore, cursing beneath a breath. I still watch him as he wiggled in discomfort.

"I spoke with Oslo. He is packing his bags in fear"

"As he should" Leo didn't even miss a beat.

It was an accident, Leo. He is deeply sorry and may I remind you, your longest advisory and best friend"

"Fuck him! I'm going to kill him, serve his head on a platter and eat it, then take his corpse and shoot it in the ass and hang it on the trees for the dogs to chew it"

Ossy continued to wiggle in my arms so I dropped him so he could run across Leo's back. "Calla, I love you but I swear to god if this fox doesn't get off my back I will shoot it in the ASS!" He shouted.

"Leo, there is no need to be so sharp. Ossy was only trying to cheer you up" I lift him off his spine and let him run away. He scurried to the other soldiers in the infirmary to play with them.

"How do you feel?" I frown, bending low to take off his crown before pushing it onto the table.

"Like a bullet is in my ASS" He retorted. I rolled my eyes, tired of his overbearing disdain. The doctors came in with a basket of gauze and rags. Two came behind him, holding his hands down before another tied looped a thick cloth through his teeth. He would need to bite down before bracing for the pain.