67

Calla

I didn't think too much of the doctor's visit and the dismal news of the unbreached baby in my womb.
I had more important matters to tend to.

I make haste to the south window with the knife behind my back and see the bell tower in the distance and fish the handkerchief in my pocket. That would be my signal to General Joffre to gather the Calvary.

I look below at the empty earth below the tower and drop the handkerchief to the ground.

Now, I would listen eagerly to hear the chimes of the bell.
Three rings of the bell and I would be free.
Just three.

This would leave me with only 10 minutes before the general shot his first gun then the coupe would begin.
I would be free soon, but I had to do this quickly.
Leo would most likely be in his room, staring at his reflection or hyping himself up in some insignificant way, chanting something obnoxious.

I would see him then.

——

"Leo?" I knock before entering his room. I make sure the knife is flushed against my back where he could not see. "Leo?" I see him behind the soft curtains of his bedroom. He was slouching lazily, looking up at the ceiling.

"You're awake?" I ask him.

"Yes...Calla"

"And you're just laying down, starting at the ceiling?"

"Yes. Just thinking."

"I see." I shrug, before humming around the dark spaces of the room. He sits up and stares at me before frowning. 

"Why do you look so happy?" He fumes.

"I don't know? It must be the hormones? A new perfume I used." I smile, spinning once before skipping again.

He stood from the covers lazily, searching for his golden crown. I couldn't help but stare at his toned physique. He looked better today. His hair ruffled lazily, his chest hair bunched with manly health.

He saw me staring at him and smirked pridefully. "Like what you see?" he scoffs.

I look away and bite the bottom of my lip. "It must be the hormones," I mumbled pathetically.

He makes his way across the room to greet me. "Or?" He grabs my arms, pulling me against his warmth. "You're finally coming around." He starts kissing my neck, biting down hard to mark me.

"Leo." I gasp wrapping my arms around him. He carries me into the bed, slowly unbuttoning my top. I allow him, kissing his lips tenderly. I made sure to feel for the knife, gripping it carefully so it would not slip and be exposed.

I push him flat against the bed, staring at him with bedroom eyes. I had to prepare myself for our escapade. Today, I had to do this for the future of Genovia...the cause. It would be the last time.

I pull off his pants, snatching his excited beast with thirst. I look down, staring into his deep brown eyes. He knew what I was about to do.

I latch my lips onto his excited beast and consume.

"Mmm
Mmm" He closes his eyes and grunts.

Perfect. I guess this was the best homage to Leo on his last day of life.
He would be leaving the earth doing exactly what he loved. Fucking.

"Fuck Calla" he sighed. Still closing his eyes and gripping my hair. Slowly, I take the knife, staring carefully until I grow tired. 

I pull away and lift up my dress, launching on impatiently. He grabs my hips, biting his lips as I rode him skillfully. "Calla." He moans my name. He was under my spell.

How delightful.

"Fuck Calla, I love you" he whispers devotedly. I take the knife and hover it against his chest as his eyes remain closed.

"I am devoted to you Calla" he shouts.

 Just three more pumps.

"Calla fuck" he pulls me closer and deeper. I throw my arms around him and put the knife against the back of his throat. Just as I was about to slit it with ease, I feel a searing pain beneath my chest.

"Ohhhhh" I scream, feeling a rush of water flooding the bed.

"What what!!" Leo opens his eyes and shocks as he sees blood mixed with water all over his body.

"What the fuck! Eww calla!! What the fuck! I am wet" He shouts. "Leo" I scream with pain once more before dropping the knife to the pillow. His eyes dart behind him as the knife glistens in the sunlight. 

"What... what??" he pulls me off, betrayal painted on his face.

"Leo" I gasp holding my stomach. "Call the doctor! Quick"

He pulls on his pants backing away slowly.

"I'm having the baby!" I whisper collapsing to the ground. He stands stagnant in his spot, watching me with a mix of emotions. "Leo...please."