15

*chapter contains triggering scenes ahead*

My cheek seared with pain as I pressed a gentle finger to touch its tender exterior.

Silence is all that surrounds me as I look to the dusty books wedged between each bookshelf. I wasn't thinking of what would happen if I refused to venture to Leo's room, I only cared for my wellbeing; plus, was it bad to say I didn't care what would happen to me?

I already knew what he was planning when he requested me in his bed, but what was I to do? If I ran away he would find me. If I tried to reason with him he would dismiss my words.

He would never listen.

So I only hid in the library and waited for him until he came. I knew something would be happening soon.... I just did not know what.

The clock in the library struck midnight before two guards burst through the doors. They grabbed me by each arm and escorted me to Leo's side of the palace, pushing me in and locking the doors from the outside.

"Let me out!!" I yelled, banging wildly on the door, giving up only when my palms turned red.

A few minutes passed before Leo came in through the other side of his chambers before taking off his crown, glaring at me with resentment. "Take off your clothes" he declares, clinging onto a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

Of course, I ignored him, turning around to face the wall. He would have to force me to sleep with him. I would not do it willingly.

He threw the bottle against the adjacent corner I stood at, releasing a small scream in me.

A lighthearted chuckle filled the air. He walked over to face me, running a warm hand against my tender cheek. "Beautiful" he whispers and I turn my head away in disgust. I knew he was drunk for his breath smelled of booze and boar.

Before I could separate our lack of length, he turned me around to face him, stripping me of my clothes and shoving me to the bed. I tried to get up to run away but he held me down, grabbing my neck with his free hand.

"You're drunk" I whisper, begging him for any last bit of sanity stop but he only held me down with his knee, pulling his pants off before climbing atop. His member sprang free as he pushed down his pants before peeling open my legs. I tried to push him off but he only held my wrists together, forcing me into submission.

I felt the sharp pains in my most intimate space as he eased himself in, carelessly pounding into me with no remorse. I closed my eyes, praying for every second to move faster while trying to hold back my tears, adamant to not give him the satisfaction of witnessing me cry.

If I did, that would mean he won and I could not have that.

Leo finally finished after a couple of minutes and released, carelessly pulling off before pulling the covers over his body to sleep.

A few moments past and silence fills the midnight air before I hear his heavy breathing. Finally! My escape.

I reached for my dress that was tossed beside the bed and quietly stood to leave. "And where do you think you're going?" he asks, pushing both his arms behind his head to rest in the pillows.

"I thought...you were...finished Leo..." I mutter.

"You thought or assumed?" he asked again.

I was silent, only looking down at the marble tile.

"You do not leave unless I will it. I will not give you the luxury of going to go bed upset at me." he said, pulling me back into his arms. He peels off my dress once more before caressing my body any way he desired.