35

Calla

"I feel like I've been hit by a horse" Donatello curses, walking into my room. Lizabeth and I exchanged knowing glances before I continue writing in my journal.

"Oh? I feel as if I have been hit too" I lied nonchalantly. He walked over and pulled me from my chair, kissing my cheek before sitting down and pulling me back into his lap. He pushed his head against the back of the chair, holding his temple in pain.

"The aftermath of the alcohol I assume?" I suggest.

"Mmhmm" he mumbles, letting out a heavy sigh. I could tell he was going through it...

"Tomato Juice and lemon. It helps the hangovers " I announce, nodding my head at Lizabeth. She nodded and left to alert the guards to make the concoction.

"So? " I whisper, turning a page in my notebook before turning to face him.

"So?" He repeats after me, waiting for my words.

"About last night... "

"I don't remember much of it" he groans. I nodded, smiling at the statement before continuing to write in my journal. We continue on in comfortable silence until a servant comes in with the tomato juice concoction. I stand up excitedly and hover it over Donatello's nose.

"Smells disgusting" he teased, holding his hand over his forehead.

"Drink it! It will help" I begged.

He opens one eye before taking it and drinking it. "Huzzah" he teased before pushing the glass onto the side table. He sighs again before staring up at me. "You must not get affected easily?"

"Must not?" I shrugged kissing his forehead. I felt bad for skipping out on my consumption but the plan wouldn't have been successful if both of us were drunk. I lead him to stand, pulling him over to my bed and forcing him under the covers. "Here, take off your shoes. I'm going to take care of you." I untie his laces, throwing his shoes to the floor.

"You don't have to Calla. I will be fine" he chuckled lazily before groaning in pain. He had lifted his head too high.

"I don't have to, I want to" I smile, kissing his forehead to soothe his pain. To be honest, I felt bad that I was the cause of his intoxication. I knew I was responsible for his sickness. My conscience would be to heavy.

"Donatello.. what is the worst thing I could do to you?" I asked. I refused to say what I had done out loud. He smiles, holding his head with pain before looking into my eyes.

"The worst thing?" He repeated after me.

"Yes...the absolute worst thing that would make you upset at me?"

"Nothing" he smiles taking his hand and pushing it through my curls.

"Even if I killed you?"  I suggested.

"I know you would not kill me out of selfish disdain or ill intent. If you killed me, I would not hate you for I know the reason would be good" he shrugs. My heart shattered in two as I hear his intellectual words. How pure his heart was...I did not deserve him.

"Calla? Are you sick?." He frowns, gently running a palm against my forehead to feel for warmth.

"No.. no" I smile politely, trying to hold back my tears. I knew what I had done was wrong and although the guilt was eating me up... I had no other choice.