43

Calla

Leo lifted one of my legs over his shoulders as he deepened his stroke; his forehead, perspiring as he pounded into me. I only turned my head away, stifling my moans as he rocked my core. I refused to let him hear how satisfied I was.

I may as well admit to you now that Lizabeth was right.

I was changing and ignoring the mission at hand. Leo's loving and newfound character had been so pleasant that I had forgotten the man who loved me despite all my flaws.
Despite my broken heart.
Donatello was my true love.

"You're not enjoying this?" He cursed, gently pushing himself deeper. Our nights were usually magical but lately, I could not enjoy myself and found myself thinking about Donatello...
I missed him.

"No, I am... I am.." I lied, covering my mouth to stifle yet another moan. He pulled out and laid atop of me, pulling my jaw to face his.

"What's on your mind?" he asks, running a tender palm against my brow. I held the necklace Donatello had given me in my palm and frowned. I had decided after a long walk in the garden, after my argument with Lizabeth, that I would confront Leo about his whereabouts. I had a right to know where Donatello was or if he was even alive. I prayed he was.

"I want to know who Donatello is?" I said carefully, making sure to meet Leo's gaze. He snapped his head as swift as a hare before looking into my eyes.

"Who told you that name." He seethed, grabbing the edge of my jaw.

"Leo.." I whispered, reminding him of his dangerous grip. Carefully, he released it before kissing my lips.

"I'm sorry" he cursed, wiping the edge of my lips. He remained silent, impatient to hear the tale of how I had suddenly knew the name.

"Well...that painting that I love so much. You know I stare at it evey night"

"That you do" he scoffed, ticked at my unusual admiration.

"It is signed Donatello Montonia"

"That is a pseudonym I use. I painted it." he lied pathetically.

"Well this necklace around me says Donatello as well." I reminded him. He yanked the necklace from my neck and held it up to the light.

"Oh, I gave this necklace to you" He mumbled.

"But it says Donatello on the back... unless you used your pseudonym again?"

He glared at me before looking away. "Fine.. he was a painter who came here to paint you but he's gone back to Spain."

"Spain?" I asked, trying not to sound angry.

"He was here for a short period of time so he left quickly. I guess he left the necklace behind or something" he mumbled, tossing the necklace to the bed.

"So this Donatello fellow, he was the one who painted me?"

"Yes...Calla" he grumbled, sitting against the headboard.

So that meant Donatello was still alive! However, I had to be sure. Leo would know I was faking it if I asked him the fateful question.
"Can I see him?" My breath hitches as soon as I uttered the words.

"Why the fuck would you even ask me that Calla" he frowned, leaning over the bed to pull me close. There was fury in his eyes; he was determined to understand just how much I knew.

"I would...just like to see the man who painted me with so much talent Leo, that is all"

"Is that really necessary?"