27

Calla

Every time a ray of hope had peaked through the skies, Leo would come and hide it. I couldn't believe my girlish optimism had blinded me from the truth. For the first time in my life, my mother had been wrong! Or maybe she knew of Leonardo's spirited nature and was just sparing me from a rude realization.

I dunk my head into the waters, trying so desperately to hold my breath for as long as I could but shot up, gasping and looking up at the molded ceiling, counting each ridge and grove. I needed something to pass my time and take my mind off of things.

I make sure to close my eyes as I laid my neck against the barrier of the bath. I was cold and shaken until two warms hands pulled my jaw up, cupping them to kiss my forehead. Instantly, I knew it was Donatello.
He steps into the bath, pulling me behind him and engulfing me in his reach. His soft gentle kisses caress spine, his lips painting their language of love.

"You always seem to know when to come" I sigh, letting his lips stain my skin. He continued to trail soft sensual kisses against my body as I scrubbed in peace then his lips attacked my fingers.

"Donatello?" I say, interrupting our once so tranquil atmosphere.

"What is it empress?" he whispered against my cheek softly pulling my breaths away.

Donatello

"I am meant to give him a heir" she admits calmly , gently turning too look into my eyes Feelings of anger then sadness consumed me. A son? How foolish I was to imagine a scenario otherwise.

"Oh" I say drumming my fingers against the side of the tub. "I see"

"But it means nothing. I have tried everything to prevent it. Lizzie gives me lemons and I drink a bottle of whiskey right after. It is just..."

"Life?" I interrupted her. She nodded and looked away.

"It means nothing Donatello.... absolutely nothing" she reassures, kissing my lips but I hold her jaw to prohibit her.

"How can I let him do this to you Calla?"

"It is an honor to serve him Donatello. Ingraine this in your mind." she warns me.

Calla

I knew my words were not the ones he wanted to hear but I knew Donatello. He was quick to act and would kill Leo in an instant and although I wanted that more than anything, Donatello would die as a result of his defiance.

He shot from the waters, grabbing a towel and wrapped it around his slender torso. He was fuming.

"Donatello. Donatello!!" I run after him taking my robe from the door. "Donatello it is out of my control!"

"Say no?"

"You expect me to say NO to Leo and live?" I ask him skeptically.

"I expect you to live your truth!" he protests.

"And when has Genovia been a kingdom where one can say their truth and live? May I remind you that you were summoned from your kingdom to fuck a woman you never met by declaration of an emperor" I reminded him. He hummed in agreement but turned to face the doors.

"He will kill me Donatello. I have no purpose to him besides giving him a heir. If I don't fulfill that... I will die by his hand."

He dropped to the bed and stared at the patterns on the floor. "My heart is more selfish then I intended Calla" he sighed.