14

Leonardo

"Why the FUCK are we losing Joffre?" I screamed, guzzling down my glass of mead before throwing it against the wall.

"It seems as if...the forces had recognized our prospective attack" my general grumbles, shifting nervously in his spot while looking to the floor.

"I'm tired of losing you, stupid oaf!" I yell, punching a dent in the table to show my rage. Everyone had been annoying me lately, especially Calla, so this was not the news I wanted to hear.

"Ideas! We need ideas? Plans? Blueprints on how to win."

Silence fills the room as my court of men simply stare at the floor.

"Anybody?" I ask again, speaking a little louder.

"Emperor, you must remember that we have allies in different--" Joffre continued.

"We have allies in different regions yet we still continue to lose? Surely this does not look good on the emperor" Ystev interjected, finally finding his voice. He only did it to shift the blame onto someone other than himself.

"I think that many times, Joffre's ideas may be misconstrued and twisted by the group?" Oslo interjected. Ystev's glare was lethal as he looked at Oslo.

"It seems to me as if Oslo revels in our losses? I mean, this must be why he is so quick to defend Joffre's faulty actions?"

"You revel in our losses Oslo?" I ask him, stepping closer to invade his space.

"No..No sir... it is just" he starts to stutter. I lunge over to grasp a chess piece and press it against his lips. "I swear Oslo, I will take this chess piece and shove it so far up your insides, you'll taste it and relish in the flavor of its bitterness" I seethe. Immediately he backs away and silences once more.

"FUCK! What do we do?" I grumbled again.

"Well, the archbishop of Genovia started this war claiming a vision from God? Perhaps he can revisit his trance and provide more details on how to win it?" Oslo suggested, making sure to shift the blame back onto Ystev. Their game of dispute truly was a sight to see.

"God has called us to go to war, it is now in our hands to win it Oslo" he breathes.

"Well...despite this riveting game of dispute, I must inform you of the men who died" the general interjected.

"How many?" I ask, dropping to my seat in fatigue.

"2,000 men"

"SHIT!" I cursed again, pouring another cup of wine. "And how am I supposed to react to this news Jeffre? Do you think I like seeing limbless men roaming about my halls? I hate the sight of blood! It makes me lose my appetite"

"We are doing all that we can emperor" Joffre explains patiently.

"You are not trying hard enough you old fuck! Win a battle!"

"And a battle we shall win Emperor Leo" he says, bowing to show his respect. It was a promise I would hold him too.

——-