65

Calla

It had been so peaceful these last couple of days in Genovia. Leo had been absent from the palace on his trip to London  to defend the title of godhead which meant the four of us met a lot more freely.

There were whispers amongst the people. Some of them from the highest of dignitaries. The overall census was divided.
Some Leo sympathizers rationalized the need for a figure close to their creator who could tell them all about the future of Genovia while the other side campaigned against it.

But even with the whispers, I was not fearful. We had more numbers than when we started and for that I was thankful.
Oslo had recruited a few dignitaries who were tired of Leo's senseless tirades. We also had the whole Genovia army on our side and Lizabeth had rallied a few the working class people.

Today would have been a perfect day to execute the coupe. I knew Leo would be upset having returned from England with news he hated. This would put him in a vulnerable state, leaving him defenseless.

"Patience Calla."

I kept repeating this to myself. My day would come.
The time would come.

I stood by the entrance of the palace, dreadfully waiting for Leo's arrival. Lizabeth suggested I look somewhat eager at his return before I slit his throat. It would make the coupe that more betraying.

"Give him a few last days so he could remember the good times on his life" I still hear Lizabeth's speech echoing in my ear.
I had just a few more days to play pretend and be his obedient little whore.
I knew Leo's attraction for me had grown so I was expecting more kisses and late night fucks.

I would not enjoy that part.

The horseman guided the carriage up to the entranceway. A tender ran to the Leo's side and opened the door, kneeling before the ever so revered emperor.
It was ridiculous how much the people feared him.

He forced one foot out, taking in the scenery of Genovia before he saw me. He allowed a lazy smile to part his lips as he assessed in my features.

"Calla!" He leaped from the carriage pulling me in his arms.

"Leo. How I missed you so!" I hug him, staring into his rich brown eyes. God would strike me down for my lies. We kiss rather passionately before breaking.
"How was England?"

"Horrible. They refused to overrun their ruling. How could they be so dumb?" He pouted.

"I'm sorry Leo." I pretended to cry to show solidarity.

"It is not your fault. Don't cry" He frowns, pushing a palm to my cheek. He looks down to my stomach and beams. "And how is my healthy king?"

"Kicking" I sigh.

"It means he's strong." He bends down to kiss my blooming stomach. I was a bit suprised he was showing affection such as this. I was actually taken back. He looked so endearing showering my belly with kisses.

I lead him off and frown. "You kiss my stomach more than you kiss me. I guess you didn't miss me" I pout.

Boy was I good.

He chuckled, showing off a devilish smile before pulling me into his arms and we kiss again. This time he lifts me up, pushing a hand through my curls.

Sometimes I saw traces of a Leo that I could see myself falling in love with. Times like these is when my mind wondered with thoughts of a better relationship with him but I knew those days were long gone.
Donatello was my only love who has proved himself time and time again.