18

Calla

Lizabeth peeked through the double wooden doors, watching the stranger as he bathed in the guest quarters.

"Oh, he sure is cute. He looks like a divine god of some sort?" Lizabeth whispers, cursing at fate for not allowing him to be a gift to her.

"Emperor Leonardo is daft and deranged. Why would he send him to pleasure me?"

"And his butt is delicious! Calla come look!" Lizabeth shrieks jumping up and down with excitement.

"Lizabeth!" I snapped, reminding her to lower her voice. "And I am not that kind of woman. I know he once spoke of letting me take a lover but..."

Lizabeth detached from the door and turned to face me. "I understand you are not that type of woman empress, but you should be fearful of what Leo might do you him if he found out you did not sleep with him" Lizabeth pouted, trying so hard to hide her smirk.

"Oh stop it Lizabeth"

"What? You know it's true!" she insisted, jumping on the bed to be by my side. I moved off the sheets and walked to my desk near the window.

"Leo said my face is always downturned so I just need to pretend to be happy. Like I'm truly enjoying my time here and all will be will in the kingdom of Genovia" I clued her in, tuning to finish my book on Machiavelli.

"Haven't you already been pretending Calla?" Lizabeth chimed knowingly.

"Apparently not hard enough" I pouted, curling my hair into a loose bun.

She went over to spy on the man but just as she pushed her eyes through the slit she gasped. "He's finished!" she yelped, running to my desk to sit next to me as I wrote in my diary. It was a pastime I had found joy in, being I had no where else to send my letters through. Maybe when I killed Leo and the people begged for insight on my brilliance, I could publish this as a memoir?

Donatello came through the steamy room that connected to my quarters and smiled sheepishly. A long white towel was secured around his waist. His healthy body was on full display.

👀👀👀

👀👀👀

Lizabeth and I stared at him curiously, the silence of the room showing our emotions.

"Hmm" he clears his throat awkwardly, "Sorry to bother you empress but it seems as if my...clothes have been displaced?" he hinted, looking back into the bathroom to look again.