Epilogue

3 years later.

Donatello and I sat under the shade of the trees, kissing passionately as the wind swept my curls away. We broke and stared at each other's eyes.

"Are you sure this one is mine?" he teases as he went down and kissed my barley there stomach, smiling with pride.

I shrug, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I don't know, maybe it might be Oslo's."

"Of course. Betrayal With my best friend."

I giggle and we kiss again.
I break away and stare into his soft brown eyes. "I don't think we should tell anyone until I start showing."

"I can keep a secret but can you?" He says through a lazy smile.

"No" I giggled. "But I must."

He takes my palm and kisses it before we kiss again. A loud shrill breaks me away. "Calla!! Cala!!!!" I hear Sarai's tired breaths as she calls over me.

"Callla!!!" Sarai runs breathlessly, dripping fresh water droplets on our skin. Her growth spurt had been more than obvious.
Gone was the lanky girl I left in my hometown.
She had a subtle beauty when she was young but now she was ethereal.

"Calla!!" She screams, standing over us both. "Elizabeth refused to stay put" Sarai tattles as she points to the stream in the distance.
Elizabeth splashed in the shallow waters giggling with pride.

Elizabeth and Sarai had became fast of friends. Eveywhere Sarai went, Elizabeth followed. They were inseparable.

"Elizabeth refuses to stay in the shallow end. She wants to explore."

"Of course she does" Donatello chuckles, attributing her stubbornness to me. He looks into my eyes and wipes my cheek softly before kissing again, resuming our position before we were interrupted by Sarai.

"Calla and Donatello together, forever.
We get it!
Donatello can you please help!" She begs impatiently. Sarai was at the age where boys were the worst so I understood her distaste for our affectionate display.

I chuckle as he pulls away! "I'll go get that swimmer. Maybe I'll show her my secret hiding spot." Donatello brags casually.

"Secret hiding spot?" Sarai and I say at the same time. He nodded but shrugs, pretending to lock his lips.

"Come on Sarai. Let's wrestle him to submission." I frown, clueing my sister in. I climb his neck while Sarai grabs his ankle and we wrestle him to the ground.

"Hey hey!!" Donatello laughs. He was stronger than both of us but let us win.

We all take a break and he carries both of us to the pond where Elizabeth splashed in the shallow waters.

"Mommy! Look I found a worm!!" She ran to me and put it in my hand. I squirm but nodded, praising her sense of appreciation for animals.

"Wow. What a pretty worm." I bite my teeth.

"Sarai said it looks like father" she brags innocently.

My laughter was brash as I heard the clever insult.
"You know..." I tilted my head, making sure to take in its profiles, "It does. You can bring it back to Genovia for him."

"Can I mother?" She screams, her tight curls cling to my stomach as she hugged me. Although she looked like Leo...she had my wits. my smarts. my wiseness and humbleness. I could not say no to her.

"Yes, we will put it in a cup with a hole so it can breath."

"Yeeeee!!" She shrieks before jumping into the pond again. She splashed some more before Sarai joined her.