Chapter 6

Ryder's POV

"His scent still lingers in the air." Natalie said and grabbed on the wall for support as she stood up.

"A human bearing the power of a noble?" Kayne asked incredulously and tightened his gloves.

"A bloodborne." I stated and looked at the both of them. They instantly snapped both of their heads towards me and furrowed their brows.

"He's a human, Ryder. A human." Kayne emphasized and offered a hand for me to stand up.

"Besides, the last living bloodborne is Grand High Master Raegan. He's the last of his bloodline." Natalie clarified and jumped on top of the wall.

"We won't know until we find him. He poses a threat to our existence with what he knows." I reminded them and joined Natalie on top of the wall to look for the human.

"We'll have to bring him in, won't we?" Kayne guessed and I nodded my
head at his question.

"Natalie, can you track him down?" I asked as I stared into the city.

"Oh, I definitely can. I can smell his blood from a mile away." She answered and used her ability to track the human's whereabouts.

"You alright?" Kayne placed a hand on my shoulder as he got up. I nodded my head at him and he looked at me hesitantly before letting go.

"Let's go." I said and we followed Natalie as she tracked down the human's scent. We jumped from roof to roof as we hid beneath the shadows and ran in an inhuman speed.

As we ran, the sudden thirst for blood, HIS blood, coursed through me. I was the most controlled vampire in our battalion but that human's scent is enough to make me lose my sanity.

"So, did he you know...taste good?" Kayne pulled me out of my thoughts and grinned at me. I shot him a look and he raised his brows.

"That poor kid's mouth. It must've hurt so bad." He snickered as we continued our run.

"Do you value your life, Kayne?" I warned.

"I can totally understand why you'd kiss him. He's pretty and fragile even though he's a guy. But I never expected you were into that." I bared my fangs at him and he sped up and started laughing.

"Don't worry, Ryder. We respect your preferences. It's better than being obsessed with yourself like Mr. Blondie over here." Natalie shook her head and I stayed quiet as we ventured into the night.

"I've never smelled anything so enticing. His blood...I can't get it off my mind." Kayne's eyes turned crimson red with excitement and so did Natalie's.

I couldn't stop thinking about it. Those eyes that held the dazzling ocean and the darkness of the sky. His thin body that weighed no less than a feather.

His blood, it melts my brain. It pierced my mind. Such a sweet and mouthwatering scent. He's like a drug. Now that I've had a taste, I can't get enough.

We jumped from building to building and we only halted as soon as Natalie raised a hand.

"He's there."

She pointed towards a small motel and I nodded my head at her to lead the way.

We jumped from the building and landed on the ground effortlessly, before making our way into the motel. We entered through the front desk but the receptionist didn't notice us with our inhuman speed.

Natalie focused on finding the human's scent, and it eventually lead us to a room on the farthest corner of the right wing.

"Your human is on the other side of the door, Ryder." She teased and I clenched my jaw before giving her a pointed look.