Chapter 50

Ryder's POV

We dealt with the aftermath of the events that happened. The Grand High Master subdued those who assisted with the chaos in Liam's ball. He burned them to the ground if they're not yet killed by my men.

The legion acted fast when someone on the balcony tried to assassinate a council member, and thanks to that we managed to avoid innocent deaths.

Every single guest were accompanied back to their vehicles while some offered their support and stayed inside the Palace. I scanned all their memories and found only their loyalty to the Grand High Master and to their new prince.

Liam.

He was shaken up and trembling after he read the note. We transferred his father to a room where they will be able to monitor him while Liam's mother fainted as soon as she found out her daughter was kidnapped.

He watched his parents while dealing with his own thoughts at the same time. How could someone so young and gentle have such a strong mind?

I wanted to be with him but Raegan and the council agreed to have a meeting as soon as they found out the news that Alisander betrayed us.

The bastard was leading the rebellion.

"How could we have been so blind?" Icarus slammed a fist down the table.

"I had the intuition that something was up when you called Keaton over. But I never expected this." Katherine sat down on a chair with disbelief.

"That bastard tried to kill me." Enora said with a humorless laugh as she looked to all of us.

"Because as much as I hate to say this, you're a very capable woman." Ulrich inclined his head to her and she glared at the High Master of Antarctica.

"Who else knew?" Keaton asked and Rowan uncrossed his legs before he answered.

"I did." 

"I was already looking for clues that might lead me to something long before I came to Raegan. Sadly, one of my men didn't return so I knew that he was discovered."

"Alisander knew someone was crawling around and it was only a matter of time before he was found out." Enora speculated.

"That's why he made his move the same time we did ours." Pushing myself off of the wall I was leaning on, I dropped the note I found to the table.

"Poutánas gios." Raegan cursed even though they already knew of this.

"They have his sister. And we all know Liam would do anything to get her back." I told them and ran through every possible way to rescue Hannah.

"Order Natalie to track Alisander down. I'll send men to his residence and grab any piece of clothing that they can find." I nodded my head and was about to go, but then Ulrich spoke up.

"Are you going to risk Liam getting captured for just a single life?"

The room turned silent, and I knew that we were divided in half based on our choice.

"It's not just any life, your Highness. It's his sister's."

----

When I came to the room where his parents were in, I saw him sitting on a chair while looking out the window.

"Hey." He turned at the sound of my voice and gave a smile that held nothing but sadness.

"Hey." I went closer to him and saw that the rim of his eyes were red. I frowned in concern and cupped his cheek with my hand.