Chapter 46

Liam's POV

My birthdays were something that I used to look forward to before Dad left.

He would always bring us to the mall or to different places where we could enjoy. Mom would cook dinner for us and light the cake. My parents would buy me gifts that brought a huge smile to my face and made me hug the life out of them.

But I changed when Dad left. I became a different person. I didn't look forward to my birthdays anymore and I would spend the day working at the bar even though Mom wanted to celebrate it.

I would return back home at midnight with a cake in the table and presents placed in the couch. I smiled and couldn't keep the tears at bay everytime Mom and Hannah did that.

I'm having my birthday soon and even though I wanted to celebrate it now, with the people that I love, I don't want them to make a fuss over it.

Which is contrary to what they are doing right now.

"We shall hold a gathering here in the Palace." Raegan

"It is a good idea." Ryder

"I second that." Kayne

"Wouldn't it be too...much?" Mom

"Mrs. Claremont, this is a piece of cake." Natalie

"Oh! Buy a 10 tier cake!" Kayne

"Should we send invitations to the High Masters, your Grandness?" Raegan's secretary

"Of course."

"Do you want a car for your birthday?" Ryder. I don't even know how to drive...

"I will be the one handling that." Dad

"What would be the theme for your birthday?" Chris

"The theme should be-" Ryder.

"Sex. Definitely about sex." Natalie. Oh no...

"How about the walking dead, but with sex?" Kayne

"Or it could be about a person that was stabbed to death by toothpicks." Kayne again. What even is this?

"Umm, I would just like for it to be simple?" I said.

"See? A person that was stabbed to death by toothpicks is a great idea." Kayne nodded his head.

"No. That sucks. What's better is-" Natalie

"Okay. You know what? You two are leaving. Now." Ryder dragged them out of the room.

This is so exhausting.

After a while, we were able to finally decide on a theme, which was the Royal pallette. A mixture of gold, black, and white.

Raegan's secretary presented me a variety of designs for the gathering, and she took note of what I said and handled all the other stuff by herself.

"I never knew that planning a birthday party could be exhausting." I commented as I layed down on the field.

"You should get used to it, Liam. You'll be treated like a royal from now on." Chris said to me. He was sitting down beside me and played with Dragon as he threw the ball again.

"I mean, who holds a gathering in a Castle for birthday parties these days?" I asked him with a whine and he chuckled.

"The Grand High Master does." I sighed and watched as the sun continued to go down.

"The Castle became more lively and awake ever since you came here, you know?" He shared all of a sudden and I tilted my head to the side so that I could look at him.