Chapter 1

Breaking news: A new body was found near the Cedar river, Washington state. Reports have said that the victim lost a large amount of bloo-...

*Turns Television Off*

Liam's POV

"Mom, I'm leaving!" I called out to my Mom, Kate, from the living room. Ever since my father left 3 years ago, my mother has been the one who sustained me and my younger sister Hannah, all throughout these years.

My Mom didn't say why Dad left, but she told me that someday when I'm ready, she'll tell me. They both loved each other so I knew that whatever the reason was, it had nothing to do with our family.

The flower shop that she built has been doing pretty well. It was her main source of income because she needed to stay home while watching Hannah, who was still young.

"Liam! Liam! Are you gonna buy me the pretty doll?" Hannah hurriedly asked as she carefully ran down the stairs. She hugged my leg and looked up at me with a smiling face.

"If you'll be a good girl and listen to Mom, I'll buy it for you, ok?" I told her and she jumped up and down before I pinched both of her cheeks.

The both of us giggled and Mom came from the kitchen carrying some white roses that she just de-thorned.

"Munchkin, can you get the door for me please?" She requested and I opened the white PVC door separating our house from the shop.

She then placed the roses on the flower rack and arranged it to catch attention.

"I'm going to leave now. I don't wanna be late for my shift." I told her as I fixed my bag. She was about to reach into her pocket to give me some money but I stopped her before she could do so.

"I don't need it, Mom. Save it for when you buy our groceries next week." I smiled at her but she answered me with a look of worry and smiled sadly.

"Aren't you working too hard? We have a lot saved-"

"I'm fine. I promise." I cut her off and gave her a hug. She sighed in defeat and hugged me as tight, before letting go.

"Your lucky flower for the day." She handed me a white rose with a hopeful look in her eyes that would make me feel bad if I didn't accept it.

"Thanks." I gently grabbed it from her hand and smiled. Before walking towards the shop door, I waved goodbye at her and Hannah.

The smooth texture of the mahogany wood, and the sound of the wind chime as I opened the door, marks the start of my usual day in Seattle.

I work in a bar at night, starting from 6 in the evening and ends at 2 midnight. The wage was very suitable for me since I needed to help Mom with our finances.

I pay for my own school fees because I take classes at 8 in the morning until 2 in the afternoon. I just need to hang on for 1 more year until I can graduate and focus on finding work.

My body has been taking the damage due to my hectic schedule and lack of rest.

I don't know if I've developed Anemia since I'm so pale. I tried to eat a lot more food but I never gained weight. My body has been slim ever since I was a kid, but I wasn't frail.

My grayish blue eyes would have been more attractive if it wasn't for the tiredness that accompanied it. But my soft black hair that reached my eyes and my small face made up for it.

People always told me how good I would've looked if I wasn't constantly trying to kill myself with work.

I don't have the luxury to just lay back and enjoy life like most people do. I needed to work my ass off to help my mother.