Chapter 10

Liam's POV

Vampires from different directions lunged at me and I could hear the snarls from all of them. Before my brain could even register what was happening, a wall of flame surrounded us.

W-What just- How-

It enclosed us in a cocoon of heat that no one dared to come near. They were all looking at me with dazed expressions and the thirst for blood was present in their eyes.

Ryder was not looking at my blood anymore, instead he was now in front of me and I was behind his back. He clutched the dagger in his hand while facing the front. I looked to my rear and I saw Natalie and Kayne frozen in place.

They looked at me and I started shaking my head and went closer to Ryder because I knew that look. Kayne clenched his fists so hard that it drew blood and he growled for control. It seemed to snap him out of his thirst for my blood.

Natalie's breathing quickened and she lunged at me but Kayne pulled her back using his arm that was now wrapped around her neck. She thrashed in his hold and I took a step back and I was met with a solid wall of muscle.

"Enough!"

Power rang in the Grand High master's voice and he stood from his throne. Even I could feel his menacing aura, and the crazed vampires, and Natalie, were now kneeling on the ground while clutching their chests. The wall of flame slowly died down and mixed into the air.

He stepped down his throne and started walking towards us. Ryder and Kayne immediately stepped aside, and as he got closer, I felt terrified but somehow he felt... familiar.

I gulped as he stared down at me. He was a lot taller than I was, and I couldn't help but feel intimidated by his presence. I cowered underneath his gaze and his eyes softened, hearing the change in my breath.

"Goiteftikós." He whispered and the movement of his hand made me tense up. He saw my reaction and I could see he was trying to make his presence a little less intimidating.

"What's your name, little one?" He asked and grabbed my wrist. The contained power he has was surreal. There was a hum of energy on his skin and I gathered all my courage to meet his gaze.

"L-Liam." I managed to whisper out despite my fear. He grabbed my wounded finger and brought it close to his face. His nostrils flared and he closed his eyes, as if he was indulging the scent.

"By my blood." He whispered back and slowly opened his eyes. I saw confusion, amazement, and power, but I also saw sadness and longing.

"How is this possible?" A new voice sounded from his back and there stood a middle aged man with gray hair and a white beard. He still looked good as if it came naturally for him.

"Victor." The high grandmaster addressed, and Victor vowed in respect. He walked closer to us and he nodded his head once at me as if acknowledging my presence.

"Raegan, the room, if you please." He motioned his hand towards the other vampires who were on the ground, and Raegan pulled back his power to let them go of his grasp.

All of them gasped for air and as soon as they were able to move, they bolted out of the throne room.

"There's no doubt that he's a bloodborne. Like you. What just happened a moment ago proved that." Victor stated and looked at me, then at my chest. He furrowed his brows and he and Raegan shared a look.

"The only question is, how?" Raegan asked and let go of my hand. He trailed his index finger in the artery of my neck and I shivered at the coldness of his touch.

"Alive and breathing." He looked at me and pressed his palm to my heart that was beating erratically.

"Don't be scared, Liam. I give you my word that no harm will come to you as long as you are under my protection." He assured me and I hesitantly nodded my head, having trouble believing the words of a vampire.

"Raegan, his blood... It smells the same as-"

"I am aware of that, Enora." Raegan cut off the woman who spoke behind Victor. There was a total of 6 vampires still present in the room aside from Ryder, Raegan, Kayne, and Victor.

"Which is why I would like to know how is the blood of my sister coursing through the veins of a human." He turned his attention to the 6 vampires and his eyes flashed a darker red.

"Lockwood, take the hum- Liam back to his room. We'll call for you once the council and I had a talk." Raegan commanded and Ryder nodded his head before walking towards me.

"Let's go." His deep and husky voice sounded in my ears and he motioned his head for me to follow him.

I tried to move my legs, but I couldn't. I tried again but it didn't budge. He looked back at me, then looked at my feet.

My legs were frozen in fear. Literally.

"I-I umm, I can't move." I told him and I flushed in embarrassment. I dropped my gaze to the ground and clenched my fists to the side.

He started walking towards me and I saw his foot in front of me. Without a single warning, he scooped me in his arms and I yelped.

Our eyes met for a moment as I looked up at him and he looked down at me. It was weird being in his arms. It didn't matter to me that he was a guy. I felt vulnerable, and dependent. I was not used to relying on others, and he makes me want to surrender to him. To bare myself to him.

He took all of my firsts. I was suddenly reminded of the kiss and my body grew hotter when I remembered how his tongue danced with mine. It was my first kiss, and it was with someone I barely know.

His grip on me grew tight all of a sudden, and I thought I heard a growl coming from his throat.

Do you like him? A voice asked from within me.

I-...I-...

They kidnapped you. Do you still like him? The voice asked again.

I don't want to know. I answered.

I tore away my gaze from his and let my arms settle around his shoulders. 

"Hold on to me." He whispered in my ear and I felt it go hot. I clung to him tighter and there was no space separating us.

Despite the vulnerability that I felt, being in his arms seemed right. Almost perfect. He made me feel safe. My brain and heart are a jumbled mess but something within me wanted to let go. Even if it was with someone I barely knew.

So I welcomed it.

I hesitantly buried my head in the crook of his neck and he tensed up. I was about to pull away but he cradled me deeper that no space were left in between us.

He walked us in silence and there was a heavy tension in the air as we passed through different corridors. I don't know where we were anymore because everything about him sent my senses into overdrive.

He stopped all of a sudden and I realized we reached the room I was in before. I pulled my head away from his neck and looked at his eyes.

They were now a golden red color and I was a prey captured by my predator. He looked at my lips and my breath caught in my throat. I looked at his and he caught me staring.

He leaned closer and closer, until....

Kayne opened the door and stepped inside the room.

"Oh! Don't mind me. Please, continue."

A/N: And the cockblocker award goes tooooo...🤭🤭 ENJOYY!!✨❤️